PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I wonder if one of the reason large chambers are more common is in part (not the whole story) because there are less places to smoke. So smokers have to get the smoke in when they have a chance. You know if you can light up where ever and don't even have to ask if you can smoke in someone's house have a small smoke and then another. Just something I was thinking about.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
The ‘56 I acquired shocked me with how diminutive it first appeared and it’s a Group 4!

Then it began to present as normal, even attractive; compared to my pipes of greater width it now appears stately and fit to their obesity and girth.

It’s perspective.

One of the most glaring changes over the years is the Driver in Golf. If players of the past saw today’s bubble head drivers they’d laugh til they cried. Looks like an oversized clown shoe. And yet, with all of the changes in Golf, and scoring made easier, the average golfer’s handicap, regardless of equipment evolution, remains unchanged.

I think ? we’re all victims of time and marketing. Each year, we’re incrementally sold that bigger equates to better.

And whom does the burning of greater amounts of tobacco per bowl benefit?

Follow the money. Always. Follow the money.

Last edited:

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
The reverse may also be true. One has no where to smoke or only a short time to do so, they then grab a small pipe. I look at larger pipes for those times when I can sit back and relax at my leisure. I see your point though. If you find a good place to smoke, light up and enjoy a large pipe.
This is why I prefer pipes with small chambers. And sometimes I don't even get to finish those.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
It has more to do with feeling inadequate over their penis size.

That would explain this:

img_0564_scaled-jpg.36790

rotfrotf

J/K

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
However nothing can explain away @sablebrush52 ’s poor excuse for a cap.
Why does everyone attack this fucking cap? What has it ever done to you? That's a solar cell on the brim that powers a high intensity light. Great for being on the trail after sunset, or finding something in the corner of your closet.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
We were all so relieved when you were hauled off in handcuffs.
Why does everyone attack this fucking cap? What has it ever done to you? That's a solar cell on the brim that powers a high intensity light. Great for being on the trail after sunset, or finding something in the corner of your closet.
It may be useful, but you have to admit it’s pretty homely.

the handcuffs were just a joke... that’s what they told me.