PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
What are your impressions of the 6 Star Wars episodes from most to least favorite?

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
Empire Strikes Back

A New Hope

Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

Attack of the Clones

The Phantom Menace
I'm not sure there's another answer.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
I think I'd have to go with almost the same order:

Empire Strikes Back

A New Hope

Revenge of the Sith

Attack of the Clones

Return of the Jedi

The Phantom Menace
Those stupid ewoks are almost as bad as Jar-jar.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Empire

Jedi

New Hope

Revenge

Clone Wars

Phantom Menace
Too bad Chewbacca has to die in the new trilogy though. :crying:

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
The two I like the most are Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Sith just because they have a bit more dramatic depth than the rest.
This excerpt ffrom Attack of the Clones is memorable though:
Elan Sel'Sabagno: "You wanna buy some death sticks?"

Obi-Wan Kenobi: "You don't want to sell me death sticks."

Elan Sel'Sabagno: "Uh, I don't wanna sell you death sticks."

Obi-Wan Kenobi: "You want to go home and rethink your life."

Elan Sel'Sabagno: "I wanna go home and rethink my life."

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
@yaddy306 Want more reason to hate Jar-jar? Watch them again. He turned control of the republic over to Palpatine. Would that make Jar-jar the Galactic Empire's Godfather? 8O

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
Return of the Jedi

Empire Strikes Back

A New Hope

Attack of the Clones

The Phantom Menace

Revenge of the Sith
I have a young man who works for me and he had never seen any of the six. He chose to watch them I-VI. I wasn't all that surprised that he prefered the Prequils. What I was surprised at was his sympathy for Anakin Skywalker and absoulte distaste for the Jedi. He concluded that the whole thing was the Jedi council's fault and that the nature of the Jedi way was the culprit.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I only saw the first one released and thought it was a beautifully produced science fiction melodrama, though

the simplicity of the good versus evil scenario seemed oppressively pat. When a friend or two started

to talk about the movie as a religious experience, it put me off seeing the sequels and prequels and I

let it go.

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
I do not like any of them. I can honestly I have not watched a star wars movie completely through.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Empire

jedi

revenge of sith

new hope

and then the other two sucky one's, doesn't matter which order
On side note sooooo glad Lucas isn't doing these next ones

Mar 1, 2014
Empire Strikes Back

A New Hope

Return of the Jedi
...And thus far I don't think any others have come out.
Do look up the Thrawn trilogy of books to help relieve some of the stress from seeing other people continually screw up the continuity of your childhood dreams.

darwin

Apr 9, 2014
A New Hope, full stop. It's the only one that is blessedly Yoda free, grateful for which I am.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
I've never seen a Star Wars movie. I've seen all the Star Trek movies though, Wrath of Khan being my favorite.

adam12

May 16, 2011
I did not really mind Attack of the Clones from a silly adventure ride perspective. Not as self serious as Sith and more fun.
The worst two are Phantom Menace & Return of the Jedi. The ewok celebration causes severe nausea.
The very best parts of New Hope & Empire are up there with the best adventure filmmaking. Imperial walkers and first Death Star attack were just incredible to me as a kid.
My dad took me to see New Hope on a day he had visitation privileges in '77. I was 11 years old. My world was upended. It cannot be explained to those who weren't there, but the playtime activities, thoughts, relations, recreational interests, everything swung towards some sort of fascination with technology and electronic pseudo-futurism that continued through the 80s and beyond. It's astounding that a single piece of popular culture could change the world but it's arguable that was it. By the way I think my dad was stoned.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I grew up watching the original trilogy (before Lucas added all the CGI junk) over and over.
Empire Strikes Back

A New Hope

Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

Attack of the Clones

The Phantom Menace
I prefer to watch these movies as an entirety "Hatchet Style" where one watches A New Hope, Empire, THEN Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith and finishing up with Return of the Jedi.
In this order the Phantom Menace is useless (nothing from it really translates from Phantom to Clones), plus in the break from Empire to Jedi we get Vader's backstory as Luke's father, how he turns to the darkside and then betrays the Emperor in Jedi to redeem himself. If you're going to do a marathon (or even introduce someone to the movies for the very first time) I would recommend viewing the movies (sans Phantom Menace) in this order: IV, V, II, III, VI.

Status
Not open for further replies.