PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatdane

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2018
I tend to like Burley forward blends, and aromatics. I am not really into any Latakia, Perique or Virginias; and besides my wife cant stand the smell of any of those 3.
It made me curious to see how many aromatic blends that are made which includes Burley but not the other three. Using the "Tobacco Locator" tool on SmokingPipes.com, only the following came up (after eliminating false hits and excluding cavendish only blends):
C&D Founding Fathers

Sillem's Musketeer

Mixture 79

Kramer's House Aromatic

Lane Limited Wild Hare

D&R Williams Delight

Sutliffs Great Outdoors
I am surprised there are not more?

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
If you go to advanced search in Tobacco Reviews and choose aromatics, exclude Virginia's, Perique, and Latakia as well as choose burley under contents, you will get a list of 274 blends.

greatdane

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2018
Thanks, that helped :)
Still a bit disappointed over the selection if also limiting to tobaccos currently in production and available in tins; I then only see a handful more. A lot of of the blends are obscure local bulk blends or no longer in production.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
It's not really that surprising, considering that you have pretty strict requirements. Tinned burley only aromatic is pretty darned restrictive.

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
If you like bulk Uhle's has several burley based blends both flavored and unflavored
https://uhles.com/collections/pipe-tobacco
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/brand/109/uhles

Status
Not open for further replies.