PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Preferred Member
Aug 22, 2010
I know some of you posted about Lil Brown Smoke Shack but I was wondering if anyone has actually ordered from them? They seem to have a wide range of pipe tobacco now, though their tinned tobacco is a bit lacking, but I am more interested in their bulk blends anyway. I was going to see about placing an order next month and their shipping is only $8 I believe so I could order alot of tobacco. Link is here.

wallbright

Preferred Member
Aug 22, 2010
Thanks Igloo I think I will place a small order with them next month. Has anyone tried PS 701 Virginia, 80 Norwegian, 81 Danish, 83 Amsterdam, or 84 Turkish? They are all $19.75 a pound and I thought I would pick up a couple next month if they are any good since it is so cheap.

banner

igloo

Preferred Member
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I use all four as blenders to make cigarettes .They are more of a cigarette type of tobacco . When the new tax went into effect it made the shag cuts of these blends double . So they cut them into ribbon . The Norwegian is the best of the four . Amsterdam is flue cured and very smokey like Drum .

wallbright

Preferred Member
Aug 22, 2010
Which PS would you suggest then for pipe smoking? Out of all of the blends they have available there.

unclearthur

Preferred Member
Mar 9, 2010
My favorite PS blends are the flakes, Twist, Navy and Bullseye. Along with Highland whiskey and the fine English blends. LOL!! Not a lot of help narrowing things down I am afraid!

igloo

Preferred Member
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I like the flakes too , but LB does not have them . The Navy is stock piled in case the end of the world comes . Uncle knows more !!

wallbright

Preferred Member
Aug 22, 2010
I have the nougat and really enjoy it. I will give the Swiss and proper English when I get a good cash flow going.

abecox

Sep 8, 2010
Agreed, Proper English is an excellent smoke, as long as you're into something that verges on Lat bomb territory.

krgulick

Preferred Member
Jul 13, 2010
Must agree with previous posters that Proper English is very good. I would not compare it to FMOTT.

wallbright

Preferred Member
Aug 22, 2010
Haha well I enjoy them for the price :P I would smoke top blends if I could afford it. But I am a poor college student and if I smoke everyday (which I haven't been recently) then I can only afford cheaper blends. I am looking at getting some PS though since it is only $25 or less for a pound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

banner