Like Affordable Handmade Featherweights?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Check out SmithHouse Pipes. Had a couple pot billiards made in a natural finish. Rich is an absolute master of making high quality, ultralight pipes. Follow his instagram page to see work in progress. I highly recommend taking a look if you like a good lightweight clencher. Mine came in at 19 and 22 grams respectively.

Please note the second pipe is an unfinished “second” that had a surface flaw, which he was kind enough to sell to me at a discounted rate.

Rich was excellent to work with throughout the process.

3CBC2485-E6C2-4D7D-9D8B-290E6A6BC195.pngD35A3A27-A957-4120-9A90-F02B80FB402C.jpeg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I love that finish on the top one. It has a rustic driftwood look to it. Beautiful pipes. I hope they all squeeze every drop of flavor out of your tobacco for you.
Yeah, it’s just the natural briar with a coat of wax. I don’t have many natural pipes, and I chose Rich to do these pipes because his sandblast technique really suits a natural finish for my tastes. And he is a boss at making smaller pipes, which I prefer for regular smoking. Excited to see what kind of Patina develops.