PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Since my wife started smoking a pipe with me, I've had to secure for her the tools of the trade. A robin egg blue Falcon and a custom rose meer by Tekin. She has settled into black Cavendish but sometimes enjoys a mild to medium English and on occasion some Bald Headed Teacher. It has been a great source of joy to sit quietly with her and share enjoyment of this hobby and I feel quite lucky.

I was introduced to pipe smoking by my fiancee last year. I am thankful to her for initiating me as it enabled to meet and befriend wonderful people around the world. Alas, she is no more with me as my fiancee but I have gained so much from the lifestyle that the pain of not having a relationship hurts less.
Cheers my friend,

Chris

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Yes, you are indeed lucky. I too have enjoyed the company of my wife smoking along side for the last 30+ years. Back when we started in the early 80s we'd smoke outside everywhere while living in SoCal. Walking down Melrose Ave. looking in the windows of the galleries and shops was a nice pastime. We would get more looks than the punkers with their pink mohawks.

A lot has changed socially since then, and now we just sit on the porch in rural Miss., and she occasionally asks me to help light her pipe from time to time, because she forgot her glasses... Yeah, life is still good, and hopefully you and your wife will still be smoking for years to come.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Certainly something about a woman who smokes a pipe. I'm guessing the percentage of married women who smoke pipes is minuscule in the extreme. Congrats to you guys who get to share this with a wife/girlfriend as I imagine FAR more men hide it than share it.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
My wife will take a sip when I'm smoking. She likes the aro's. The others, not so much.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
My wife smokes a pack and a half of Pall Malls everyday so my decision to start smoking a pipe was fine with her. She likes the room note of some of the tobaccos I smoke but hasn't been interested in trying a pipe.......yet

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Ah, Dr. Watson, I am intrigued! Any chance you'd reconsider your reticence to post off color? Within bounds of decency, of course!

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
A pipe-smoking spouse must be an amazing thing!
Sweet little Miss Perique does not smoke, though she has become an expert of room notes and is very supportive of my hobby / addiction / disorder. I suppose she finds it much preferable to me leaving cans of dip spit laying around. Metro girls may say "ewwww". But let's face it,,, they love it.
Don't be a brow-beaten shadow :) Stand up. It'll make a big difference in your life, fellas.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Very nice daimyo...I too am fortunate that my wife and I enjoy the pipe together somewhat regularily. She also enjoys small cigars and cigarillos as well. :puffy:

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
My Missus is very tolerant of my smoking, on the covered deck or in the remote man-cave in the back. She likes the smell on me and is about as good as a non-smoker can be.
She will not partake, however.
So you all are quite lucky.
Kudo's to you, gents!

Status
Not open for further replies.