Life Time Milestone: Craiginthecorn Retires Today!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Let's all smoke a bowlful in recognition of craiginthecorn's retirement today!

Over 31 yrs., well done, sir! :clap:

craiginthecorn.jpg

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Thanks Cortez!!! It was very kind of you to post this. I'm relatively new to the pipe community and recently joined the Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club (CPCC). I continue to be amazed at how friendly and generous the pipe community is.
Earlier this spring a really nice former Marine decided to move to Florida and sold me his entire collection of fine quality pipes and tobaccos for what I now understand to have been a bargain price. Among the pipes he sold me was an unsmoked W.O. Larsen grade 7 freehand that others have guessed was carved by Peter Hedegaard. I've been waiting until now to smoke it for the first time. I'll be lighting up this pipe tonight or tomorrow, but haven't decided on the baccy. Candidates are Rattray's Marlin Flake, Escudo Navy Deluxe, Penzance, GL Pease Westminster, Dunhill Royal Yacht, and Peter Stokkebye Luxury English. This will be accompanied by a couple fingers of Four Roses Cask Strength Single Barrel OBSK or Booker's Bourbon.
_DSC0861.jpg

_DSC0864.jpg

_DSC0865.jpg

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Congratulations on retirement! IMO, it is the best thing that can happen. Nap, drink, smoke, enjoy the sunshine and the dog... just generally be FREE.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Congrats on the retirement, sir.
It's like every day you wake up is Saturday morning.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Thirty one years. That's where I am in my career (Police Detective). Looks like May of 2018 will end it for me. Can't wait. Congratulations and enjoy yourself.
Mike S.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I vote Escudo and Bookers! It looks like a Virginia pipe to me. Though I imagine it would smoke Westminster(or any tobacco) well. And congratulations on retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.