PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I just got a bill from my company Geico as I added my daughter to my cars and to my insurance Umbellar policy. Those dirt bag scum of the earth Geico tried to more than double my Umbellar policy for adding my daughter . I haven't had to deal with insurance companies for a few years now as my oldest daughter took over this shit for me a couple years ago when my brain began to fry. She is balls to the walls in law school now so I have to deal with it.

Geico tries to double my bill because of my daughter who has a perfect driving record. Then they tell ne for the price they want I only get a 1,000,000.00 policy which is shit for that kind of coverage. For the price they want I should be getting at least a 3 million dollar liability policy. Now I got to go shopping half a dozen of more insurance companies. I have to go to AM Best to find the highest rated underwriters. I haven't had to fucking work in a few years and I know I am going to curse one of these fucking maggot companies for thinking I am some dumb moron who doesn't understand the business.
I should hold a contest, he who gets me the best deal gets a bag of Stonehaven, but then I would chastise myself for being such a lazy bastard.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I had a fire scene about three weeks ago involving a garage, an Audi Q8 and an extension cord.

The tenant had Geico and owned the Q8 outright, paid cash. The homeowner has a different insurance company that I was there for.

Long story short, with zero investigation Geico opened a fraud investigation into the Q8 owner.

The fire was initiated by an extension cord compromised by a table pinching it which caused resistance heating. Easy.

Needless to say the Geico guy was relieved but very upset how Geico treated him.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I don't think I get this. How many people are currently on the policy?

I had a similar situation. I moved downtown and they tried to double our insurance because it is a high accident area. But my wife, who works downtown, who always worked downtown, cut her commute to a third of what it was before. The people having accidents downtown don't live there. They come from their suburbian mansions.

Our real estate agent recommended a broker. Everything worked out well for us. Recommendations from professionals are better than google searches and yellow pages, (if you still got'em).

Reactions: gerryp

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I don't think I get this. How many people are currently on the policy?

I had a similar situation. I moved downtown and they tried to double our insurance because it is a high accident area. But my wife, who works downtown, who always worked downtown, cut her commute to a third of what it was before. The people having accidents downtown don't live there. They come from their suburbian mansions.

Our real estate agent recommended a broker. Everything worked out well for us. Recommendations from professionals are better than google searches and yellow pages, (if you still got'em).

I currently own 2 Lexus with my oldest daughter in Virginia with hers ad mine here at the the house where my care taker and youngest daughter use the car. I can't drive anymore and be safe out there. Geico is trying to double my Umbrella policy just to add my youngest daughter to the Umbrella they want to double the price. They are dreaming if they think they will keep any of my business now. The policy is only for a million which is a light weight Umbrella policy. I will jack it to three with a new company.

If you have a nice house, nice cars, investments a boat, a motorcycle, the more toys you own the larger your Umbrella policy better be. I had half a dozen scumbags try slip and falls at my plaza back in the day. I never lost a case. To many people it is a way to make a living and it is a easy score if you don't protect yourself.

If you own nothing, a house or condo or decent car then no you don't need a policy like this, but if you have assets don't get cheap and not protect yourself.

Reactions: hairvise

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Dave, there is no way I would not have your Castello insured. It wouldn't be a an umbrella it would have to be part of your homeowners and ever y pipe would need to be listed, pictured and described. I used to insure my jewelry collection and those were some greedy mother fuckers. God I hate insurance companies, every kind, health, home , car commercial, dental are the biggest scum of them all, trust me on that one.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Insurance companies are only your friend when you don't need them.

Ain't that the truth.

I've had my home insurance with the same people for over 20 years. I won't name them, but suffice to say they claim to be "on my side".

For 15 years, I sent them a big check every year and never heard a peep from them.

Then, one year, I had a hail damage claim for my roof. About a month later, I find a man wandering my back yard with a camera and note pad. Under interrogation, he indicates he's "gathering information" for my home insurer.

Two weeks later, I get a terse letter stating that my policy will be non-renewed unless I replace the fascia boards around the roof edge. I have an open soffit (aka NO soffit) and the fascias do nothing in providing any support or enclosure.

They just wanted to be dicks because I actually had the audacity to use the coverage I had paid for.

1602897879546.png

Dammit, now I'm mad again. Call me if you need backup, Harris... ?

1602897869020.jpeg

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Its a trial dealing with insurance. The main thing you have to do is remind them every year they don't own you and you are in no way loyal. Make sure you go over every renewal every year with your agent, fight and complain and actually leave and go with another company. When you actually have a property claim of any sizable amount, you may as well have your attorney picked out.
On the bright side.......

Reactions: rajangan

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Yeah! I’ll join in on the bandwagon here! I hate insurance too! They are all bloodsuckers! The whole lot of ‘em!

I personally haven’t had any trouble with them... yet, though, I still have plenty of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.