PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
This thread makes me wish I lived in a cooler climate. One of the shops I deliver to had a wood burning stove and it’s always nice and toasty in there. I don’t even have a fireplace.

EA-6B

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
I seem unable to let go of the past, so a Gurney wood cook stove rubs shoulders with a vintage working ‘20’s Hotpoint electric and an older microwave in our log cabin.
View attachment 53856
I'll guess Amana Radar Range for the nuker. Funny, the electric stove looks like it should be the wood-burner! As of a few years ago, AGA would still sell you a wood-burning oven w/ cooktop. I've seen a few AGA constant-on gas-burning units, all turned off, lol. You leave that thing on all month, you're gonna have a gas bill.

Reactions: upnorth1

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
At my wife's home place in rural northeast Missouri, the family home, long uninhabited, has a wood and electric cook stove that looks just like a regular electric range, except for the stove pipe. In the front room, it also has foot pumped organ that looks like an upright piano that my wife sat right down and played for an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.