PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Here is mine. Got this back when I first started smoking. Thought it looked like Barliman Butterbur from The Lord of the Rings.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
This went with some of my Western Collectibles, and cowboy boot pipe stand. From the 1957 Barrel Line from Treasure Craft. Porcelain with copper bands.
$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
img_0023-600x450.jpg

Never Sean one with the tamper still intact, had to tie string to the knob as it's a devil to get out when low on tobacco in the jar

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
After I read this thread, it jogged my memory. I knew I had an interesting tobacco jar somewhere. I found it in a bookcase, so I dusted it off and here it is. I believe it's from the UK as it's styled like many of their biscuit jars only smaller. It has a leather seal on it which doesn't work all that great, so I chose not to put tobacco in it.
img_0706-600x455.jpg

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
Dear Orley what a pity not to use it for tobacco. Looks great. I have picked up a few wooden tobacco jars in car boot sales. Mostly because the seller didn't have a clue what they were. They didn't have the majic word tobacco on it, which would have put the price up. I got one for .50pence about less than a dollar. Some of mine are not airtight seals in any way, but I prefer my tobacco slightly dry.

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
Sorry about that, where are you guys hosting your images these days? Dropbox is no longer viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.