PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Guys,
Some of you may know that Rad had a heart attack last week. Rad is one on the nicest guys in the business and a superb carver. Let's raise a bowl to his speedy recovery and send some well wishes his way.
To All Who Have Pipes on Order With me:
Some of you may already know that I had a heart attack and quadruple by-pass surgery last week and was in the hospital from Jan 17th thru Jan 24. I'm home now, and expect to make a full recovery. Luckily, there was very little damage done to the heart muscle.
At this point, I have no idea how long it will be before I'm back in the shop making pipes, but it won't be real soon, as I intend to take my time. :eek:)
If anyone needs to cancel their order, please let me know and I'll pull it from my queue. And please don't feel guilty if you need to cancel. I understand completely.
Thanks so much to all of you for your support, past and future. I'll let you know as soon as I'm back to work, and I look forward to seeing everyone in Chicago (Neil Flancbaum has told me I picked the perfect time of year to do this). :eek:)
Best,
Rad

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
I hope he has a speedy recovery and that he takes his time and enjoys it he has definitely earned it. As soon as he is up and ready to go at it I will put in a commission thanks for letting us know Chris I would have hated to bug him at this time with questions.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Anyone who can get through such extensive surgery and get home and email his clients and fans with

such a good-natured, warm, reasonable message has got to be one heck of a person. I'm not quite in

the Rad Davis league of pipe ownership, but if I were in his queue, I'd be happy to wait, as long as he's

getting good.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
Dear Jesus, Divine Physician and Healer of the Sick, we turn to You in this time of illness. O dearest Comforter of the troubled, alleviate our worry and sorrow with Your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden. Dear God, we place our sick under Your care and humbly ask that You restore Your servant( Rad) to health again. Above all, grant us the grace to acknowledge Your holy will and know that whatsoever You do, You do for the love of us. Amen.

Jan 8, 2013
By the time I can afford a Rad, he'll be very well recovered... He's got plenty of time before I can order one of his pipes lol :) In all seriousness, though, I hope he gets well soon and makes a very quick and full recovery. Heart attacks can take a lot out of somebody. I've seen it firsthand (not me, but my father). He needs to take time off, get well, and worry about himself for the time being as opposed to his customers. The customers will (should)understand. Someday I'll have one of his beauties. But until then, I'll settle for looking at them :) I say we all load a bowl to his health today.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Get better Sir & take care of yourself!

I need one of your Pipes in a couple of months.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Rad is one of the best people in our circle. He was one of the first people to accept me as part of the "fraternity" and has always been a pleasure to know. He was positive and helpful to me when I was ill, and I hope to be there for him.
Russ

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
I spoke with Rad on Friday...he sounded in good spirits..especially since he was going home...lets all smoke a bowl and keep him, his wife and their boys in our prayers...btw Rad, you can't get out of lunch with me that easily...

Status
Not open for further replies.