The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
dAgdU63.jpg

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I just use an old camera bag I've had for close to 20 years. Since I "retired" from the magazine and no longer travel every where with two camera bodies and 4 lenses I make use of it for pipe club meetings. I usually carry five or six pipes and four or five jars of tobacco to share. I still have room in it for pipe cleaners, spare lighters and whatever tobacco I buy at the shop.

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
Alaskanpiper
That's a pretty rad little mini cabinet. How much do they weigh?
Not much. It's just 1/4" thick board and leather. I'll weigh one when I get back to the States. I'm in Scandanavia this week and in an ultimate irony, I didn't have room in my luggage for my SCooSA. S'what I get for trying so hard to never have to check a bag.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I found an old Case Logic portable CD player bag for $3 at the thrift store. Nobody wants these anymore.
case-2-600x337.jpg

The large, rear compartment will hold a paperback book or a Kindle style tablet, a full bag of pipe cleaners, my reading glasses and some ziplocks of tobacco easily.
case-1-600x337.jpg

The larger front pouch will take two tins and the smaller one will take two straight pipes, or you can mix and match as needed. There are also additional little pockets on the front pockets that handle lighters, tampers, etc.
case-3-600x337.jpg

jay-roger.jpg

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
Self-Contained Smoking Attachée. I priced 'em to be competitive with nicer, 4-pipe, soft leather bags. You can learn more about the whole thing and me if you listen to this interview
I’ll definitely check out the interview! They are super neat, I’ll have to start setting aside some money here and there for one!

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
818CCA11-D2E2-44B9-A577-1E7DFE0AFCA1_zps6rxjau1j.jpeg

BA7E642A-E910-47C7-965F-CA1120919544_zpsgqnzivim.jpeg

5F4BFEAF-122C-40D0-BB85-4DE7DFA3CC30_zps7eme8kjr.jpeg

8FC17EA7-04F6-41ED-A9E4-C41E775AFD22_zpsg5yxfd2w.jpeg

This is what I use, it’s a 25 dollar waterproof shaving bag from target. It’s got a front pocket for my lighters, cleaners etc. The inside has a nice sized space for my zip locks of blends, and a little tight mesh holding area for my pipes, so far I haven’t put more than 4 pipes in there but I think I could fit up to 6 depending on size and how much baccy I’m packin’. I don’t think for now I’d need to travel with more than that, I’m very happy with this bag, deffo don’t need to spend a ton of money on something “for pipes” to get something that works!
Around the house I have a shelf on one of our bookcases desiccated to all my smoking things, my humidor lives there, some empty tins on display and my pipes on stands, I use an empty fancy jam jar for my cleaners, I’ll post a picture here in a bit when I’m back home.

uprightman

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2019
Central Pennsylvania
Previously I had used an old fake leather bag that once contained fishing waiters my grandfather or father owned. Unfortunately when our house flooded last August that was damaged. I just ordered a small maxpedition pouch to take its place. Should arrive today actually.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
This Jobey lamb skin pipe pouch has been crammed in my cargo shorts pocket for about 4 years now. It's nice for one pipe, about 1 1/2 oz of tobacco, and some pipe cleaners. The Peterson 2 pipe bag I bought early on in my pipe smoking days, and it has been put aside when I bought the Jobey. It's too big to carry practically. But I'm thinking about starting to use it again.

And the black/brown 4 pipe tobacco combo pouch is just a cheapy pleather one that served it's purpose throughout the years, though it's no longer used now.
And then, if we go anywhere for the day, the tobacco pouch rests in the green bag, my "satchel" which usually stays in the car to hold everything, including notebooks, flashlight, other nicotine sources, and usually a book.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
You don’t need much to carry your pipe and tobacco with you as you go about your daily routine. Pockets work pretty good. You can put a few pipe things in your briefcase.

But you all need a proper box/bag/kit for when you go to pipe club. At our monthly Houston meeting, the guys bring their gear and tobacco in repurposed doctor bags, tackle boxes, ammo boxes, shaving kits. The purpose of pipe club is to visit friends, show off pipes, and share blends from your cellar. A brown paper bag would work, but you want to do better than that.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I have a suede one pipe and pouch bag that I use for hunting, a black night by rattray's that I use for short travels and when I go visit with friends, and a larger canvas and leather strap bag by dagner, that was gifted to me by forum member ash digger, that I use for longer travels. I have found this to be more than enough !

uprightman

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2019
Central Pennsylvania
@uprightman

How's the maxpedition pouch Workin for ya?

I took it to the renaissance fair on Sunday. Worked out great. Held my pipe, 15 pipe cleaners, zippo, pipe nail, Czech tool, matches, and 3 different blends in ziplocks.

Certainty isn’t pipe designed, you could almost convince someone it was. I got their “fatty” version. I have the edc version as well I use to organize some small items, in my opinion it is too small for pipe duty.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan

Reactions: autumnfog

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I took it to the renaissance fair on Sunday. Worked out great. Held my pipe, 15 pipe cleaners, zippo, pipe nail, Czech tool, matches, and 3 different blends in ziplocks.

Certainty isn’t pipe designed, you could almost convince someone it was. I got their “fatty” version. I have the edc version as well I use to organize some small items, in my opinion it is too small for pipe duty.
I believe some members would benefit from seeing pictures!!!! Ha

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I think the Peterson branded leather pipe bags are a good value. I've had the 3 pipe iteration for almost 2 years and its holding up fine with daily use.

Status
Not open for further replies.