PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

highwaycobbery

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2015
North cacallaky
I love my meers, but recently I bought a pipe from IMP and was far from pleased with it as it is HEAVY and uncomfortable to hold in the mouth without also holding it in my hand, also the airway was so tight I had to drill out the shank and bit just to smoke it, and if you know IMP they are not cheap. This being said I started looking for other sites to make future purchases.

That’s when I stumbled on Altinay meerschaums. Wow, what a great buying experience. Shipped quick, good pricing HIGH quality pipes. I finally found my Canadian shaped meer I’ve been wanting forever and the pipe is wonderful. Light Awsome stem work. Also no screw in crap, push and pull. Anyone else bought from them before and if so were you pleased?

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Nice website. I don't know enough about meerschaum pipes to have an opinion, but it is a nice site with great variety.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Have visited many times to look their stock over. Have yet to make a purchase. Keeping my eyes out for something special for my meer, so it's taking a while, which is fine. I'll just keep buying the briars I want until then, but they do have some nice looking pipes. I think they had some of the Lee Van Cleef pipes and I really like the way they look.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My reluctance on Meerschaums is twofold, that I'd have to buy several to get one that was good quality, real stone and not composite, with a push bit not a screw-in, that had some bowl size without much weight, and didn't have exaggerated or overdone carving (that's item one); and simply that I don't want to get into a whole new round of PAD, with rack requirements and storage, etc. If I could buy one, and get the right item, and leave it there, I might.

Status
Not open for further replies.