PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jrsower

Lurker
Jun 13, 2020
Southeast United States
Looking to buy a tobacco pouch that will hold a pipe or two and the necessary accessories.

Of course would like it to look nice. Lots of cheap options on Amazon. Some more expensive ones on Etsy.

Curious as to what you pack your pipe and tobacco in each morning as you head out.

Reactions: Severus and jpmcwjr

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
I normally smoke at home, but have this one pipe pouch for when I smoke elsewhere.

001-069-0195_1.jpg

neilnoff

Might Stick Around
Mar 18, 2020
Spring, TX
Probably overkill, but I use this tooled leather shaving kit for when I'm out with pipes and/or cigars. Use several layers of foam as separators inside and there is plenty of room for whatever needs to come with me depending upon my smoking preferences. Frankly, it looks pretty cool too and I get a lot of positive comments. Good luck--

Attachments

• Leather carry pouch.jpg
    Leather carry pouch.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 22

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Just the sock the pipe came with. Pipe goes in packed, and since I only smoke in the car and stop when the bowl is done or earlier, I don't need pouches to carry accessories. I made a leather tray for the pipe and the tamper to rest on the passenger's seat and that's it. I did have to make a leather sock for a churchwarden that came without one, but nothing fancy. I leave the fancy leather pouches and stuff I make for the paying customers—why waste nice leather on myself?

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I have a bunch of small pouches/cases, including a walmart pencil case (but not the same one as ray). I have nicer ones for if I'm doing nicer things, but the one I end up using the most is this Dollarama pencil case made out of neoprene, it has enough padding to protect pipes, and is small enough to carry around easily. Due to the garish bright colours it hasn't been stolen, and it's hard to lose. I once left it on the roof of my van and drove away, I found it several hours later on my way back into town several blocks from my house on the side of the road. Pipes undamaged, nothing missing.

20200716_154851.jpg
20200716_154932.jpg

If I'm just going out for a little while close to home it's usually just a packed pipe with a lid (I made a bunch out of wine corks and lilac twigs).

20200716_154951.jpg