Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
So I just went to pick up a few things at Publix, (the local supermarket chain here) and learned something.
Don't get in line behind the homeless guy buying beer.
It takes forever to count out $6 in pennies.
I was very close to just paying for it myself.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
The Publix here in Jacksonville(or at least the one I go to) has a little corner all the homeless people get tanked in without anyone seeing them. I'm sorry to say with that I have still never had to go what you went through lol.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
...or the old lady who has the cashier reach into her purse to count out the money.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
....the credit card that gets swiped 5 times,because the guy insists he had credit at one time.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Kevin, I've been tempted to do the same but more so to resolve arguments over the price of a canned vegetable and the use of coupons.
I've got 1 1/4" cut ribeyes, cold beer, and ice cream with the grill waiting and I made the mistake of getting in line with this lady who has a pack of coupons an inch thick (and yet to be scanned) and is questioning the register price of green beans at $0.69 by saying "The shelf had $0.63, could you have someone check it?"
The lady and I both survived that day but I did lose a little something in my inner most being that can never be recovered. :)

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
At a bank drive-thru, which I presume is for quickie service,

I always end up behind a driver who seems to be negotiating a

mortgage loan or something. Well, at least I can pack and light my pipe there.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
The poor person who has WIC for milk and chips for food and money for the rest . It is not condem them , but you can read a whole magazine while they sort it out .lol

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Oh yeah, drive-thrus - that's another whole story. A smart person can figure out the reason for drive-thrus is when you are in so much of a rush, you don't even have time to get out of the car.
This is a problem at banks, like Cortez said, and at fast food joints.
Don't you just love it when you get behind the car that is ordering lunch for the entire office of 30 people? What is wrong with these people that they can't figure out that they should go inside instead of inconveniencing 20 people behind them.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
At a bank drive-thru, which I presume is for quickie service,

There are a ton of jokes there....
No offense ladies but....

Regions Bank did a statistical study of why it takes women longer to use a drive through ATM than men....
The answer was men will remove their cards from their wallets before they get to the machine... Women on the other hand will wait until their turn at the ATM to open their purses and look for the card.
Women.... God Love 'Em.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
......the family,just about finished there grocery ring-in,realize they should send little John back to the far end of the store to get a jar of peanut butter that he is to short to reach.

scratchglfr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2010
At members first federal credit union if your transaction is not prepared when you reach the plastic tube sending device and you are holding other patrons up the will charge you a fee.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
This thread is funny as hell because it is all so true!
About the drive thru's. I almost always go inside now to handle my stuff because whether it is at the bank or a fast food place, everyone thinks that it is quicker to go through the drive thru and there is always a line, but there is nobody inside. I normally park, go in, order or whatever, and get back in my car and leave before 2 of the people at the drive thru are done.
The same thing happens in the grocery store at the express lines or the self check out lines. Every one gets in those lines and leaves the regular one empty, so I get done faster than they do.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Talk about WIC... It may suck to be behind them, but I can tell you from personal experience, that being that person is worse. Not only to I have to go to the Dept. of Social Services and get rude treatment from the employees there, then I have to wait for the fat-ased manager to roll himself over the the register to ring me out. He has to check every item to make sure I'm not getting too much of something, and then he has to look up which cereals are "allowed". Shouldn't you know this? Anyway, I ALWAYS apologized to anyone behind me, and I tried to warn them that it was going to be at least half an hour.
Bob, you're just one of those people. I get in any line and it immediately grinds to a halt. I have horrible line karma. I don't get upset anymore since I KNOW I'll be there for a while...
-Jason

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
The people that leave there cart in the middle of the isle and are 10 feet away from it,and have no idea why your stopped in front of it and looking at them.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
.....or when they put the sticker price right over thee area you need to read.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Lordnoble sez:
I have horrible line karma.

Me too! So I came up with this little game I play on the expressway. No matter what lane I choose to drive in,

it's the lane that immediately slows to a crawl. So now I decide which group of drivers I wish to screw with,

and I get into their lane!

spacecowboy57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2010
Speaking of WIC, i saw a woman using it to pay for cereal and baby food then pull out a hundo to pay for a handle of wild turkey and two cases of rolling rock.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Being disabled, without government help I would be eating pigeons in the park and living in a cardboard box. Thankfully the stores here are super good about food cards and the like. This area used to be the second most depressed in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.