PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Does anyone have any travel experience with Legoland New York? If the borders remain open and everything settles down, we might make the relatively short drive down. My kids are Lego crazy.

Prices for the hotel are a little steep, but I could probably shop around for deals. I have two 'free kids with paid adult' coupons to use.

Worth the trip? Over-hyped? Let me know.

llnyr-entrance-arch-full-edit_new-sky-web.jpg

Reactions: scloyd

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
My family enjoy Legoland in Florida. I assume it is operated under a similar format with the obvious weather being the difference, particularly this time of the year.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
If you want a little longer of a drive but cheaper room and board, there is a Legoland in Metro-Detroit.

I haven't gone yet, but my toddler is almost of age to enjoy it.

There are hotels in the area (Auburn Hills, where the Pistons used to play) and an aquarium and Peppa Pig play area in the same mall (which is rather large).

I can give other suggestions if needed. If not, please disregard.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If you want a little longer of a drive but cheaper room and board, there is a Legoland in Metro-Detroit.

I haven't gone yet, but my toddler is almost of age to enjoy it.

There are hotels in the area (Auburn Hills, where the Pistons used to play) and an aquarium and Peppa Pig play area in the same mall (which is rather large).

I can give other suggestions if needed. If not, please disregard.
There is Legoland and Legoland Resort.

There is a Legoland Toronto which is fun, but the resort is more of an amusement park idea.

Simplicity

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 20, 2020
Michigan
There is Legoland and Legoland Resort.

There is a Legoland Toronto which is fun, but the resort is more of an amusement park idea.
This.

We took our son to the Legoland in Detroit and it was fun for a few hours, but not something if you are going to be driving long distance.

Reactions: Streeper541

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lego, the toy, is an absolute phenomenon. When I was a kid we had to make do with such anachronistic building toys as Lincoln Logs and Erector Sets. Each had its dimensions, but compared to Lego was a sort of engineering dead end. Have a great trip. I like the Lego theme park idea in that it merges with what kids can do themselves with Lego and isn't just a hyperbolic fantasy designed by adults.