Legendary Marvel Artist Joe Sinnott Dies at 93.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Legendary Marvel Comics artist Joe Sinnott has passed away at age 93. Joe was a big influence on my comic book inking. More importantly, we were close friends for almost twenty years. We vacationed together, did a couple of comic conventions together, and until recent times, talked daily. When I wrote his biography of his comics career, I became acutely aware that Joe had a lot of justified pride in his work, but he was very humble about it as well. He was a gentle soul with a great spirit, and love for everybody he knew. There was a certain innocence in his nature that attracted people to him, but he was nobody's fool. A great father and husband whose life was built around his family, Joe was everybody's friend, and his friends were his family, too. Joe is an irreplaceable man in the hearts of all who knew him. I doubt I'll ever met a kinder human being.
Beach trip with Joe 022.jpg

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Gave all my comics away, sadly. :(

that's a great loss for you buddy. I'm sorry to hear.
A Seabee? was in WW2? My grandfather was a Seabee. ?

Reactions: Bowie and JimInks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Gave all my comics away, sadly. :(

that's a great loss for you buddy. I'm sorry to hear.
A Seabee? was in WW2? My grandfather was a Seabee. ?
Joe was in the Pacific Theater of Operations during WW2 with the Seabees. His older brother Jack was killed in action, and Joe talked his parents into letting him join the military at age 17. He wanted to take his brother's place.

Status
Not open for further replies.