PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Back in 2011 Lee Von Erck was one of the winners of the pipe carving contest. His pipe sits on the top of the mounting of the seven winning pipes.
displaycase2_zpsoyuhpqqo.jpg
[/url][/img]

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Lee emailed the other day and said that his signature shape has always been the "loon" pipes that he makes that resemble a loon's neck and head when held upright by the stem. He said that he has had such strong demand for pipes like the one he made for the KC Pipe Carving Contest that he has decided to have a second signature shape that he has named the "GKCPC" in honor of winning the contest.
Von-Erck%20Top_zpsm7ptztv4.jpg
[/url][/img]

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I hate straight pipes but i would love to have one of these. It is amazing how he makes it look like the stem, shank, and bowl are twisted.
As you can see Lee's pipes aren't cheap but if you want one you'll need to get on the waiting list.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I've yet to find any other maker whose pipes smoke better than my Von Ercks. His oil curing process creates a nutty sweetness to the pipe. They require no break in. I have a half dozen and there's not a stinker in the bunch. His pipes have become very popular in Japan and demand is rising. Prices are going up.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Lee is a good friend and I really think his currant work is outstanding and very unique but I can't afford them. I have to settle for the three I bought years ago. They are rustic but they have that signature LvE look. They are along with my E Andrew pipes part of the permanent collection. 8O

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I think of that pipe as a classic Von Erck shape, but I'm curious if he made it much before the contest ?

I know one thing, since the contest last year I've made beaucoup Billiards !

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Love Von Erck's work! Bruce Weaver studied with him for a bit, and alot of Bruce's pipes reflect it.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Perfect moment for this thread to resurface as I am enjoying Haddo's Delight in a large Von Erck canted Dublin with blasted bowl and turned shank. I can't imagine a better pipe at any price. Light as a feather, Always smokes nutty sweet. Effortless draw.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
There is a Von Erck on the bay for under 2 bills that I wish I could afford. I have always liked his shapes and styling.

Status
Not open for further replies.