PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
So thanks a ton to all and thank God for the Internet as I failed decades ago with stupidity with pipe smoking.
Anyways- why do I get on runs late at night and end up smoking 3-6 bowls? I end up in bed at 2-4 am. Partially as I don't have time to enjoy even physically retired too young and life...
Wifey crashes and out comes the pipe.
I guess I am fitting too much in too quickly but once I break out the pipes I cannot seem to curb myself except time constraints and/or finally too much palate or tongue burn.

How do I hit and find my cadence?

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
insomniac. try three pints of cuba libre. i can't sleep at all. it's either drinking or.. drinking.
LOL. 3 pints of rum and coke? Sounds like about 8 shots. I hear ya. Sounds like that may mix well.
When refined- I do the port wine. Else, vodka and seltzer. Must be my issue also. Amusingly- perhaps we've crossed paths. Ambien and my PK's finish me off to start over. Not too proud of that part but welcome to FBSS and other funzies.

But really- runs of smoking my pipe, I really should slow my cadence I think. Darn dead palate in the a.m. and never learn as of late.
Cigar in a hot tub was not as taxing.
I hope u r well. I get it- fellow insomniac.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
Sounds like you're smoking VERY fast. A pipe this size usually lasts me 90-100 minutes.

View attachment 12730

I never sleep more than 2-3 hours per day.
Agreed. I am sorry I posted angrily on the other forum subject (what are you smoking) but why do I feel like everyone needs to show what they smoke or how they do it? I guess I expect more about the tobac than- "hey look this is what I used and a nice new tin". Seems like a waste vs. real talk. I here ya though. Cadence is over the top.
If I upsetted someone I am sorry but I refuse to be fake.
Thanks friend
I am trying to pair my normal wines with my tobac. Easier when I smoked cigars.
I feel like I better donate more to folks that are in need.

Attachments

• Wine_smoke_Koch.jpg
    Wine_smoke_Koch.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
but why do I feel like everyone needs to show what they smoke or how they do it?
Because many of us have never seen another pipe smoker and photos breathe life into empty, inflectionless text. Helps to convey a sense of togetherness and friendship in the hollow void of cyberspace.

I posted that image to illustrate tobacco volume versus time to smoke. Some folks could easily burn that pipe down in half an hour but I prefer to do the slow burn.?

Reactions: BROBS and cosgringo

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
Sounds like you're smoking VERY fast. A pipe this size usually lasts me 90-100 minutes.

View attachment 12730

I never sleep more than 2-3 hours per day.
BTW- any ideas how to slow my cadence? I honestly cannot seem to. I enjoy the tastes and only regret it in the earliest of hours (palate says "WTF" lol)
I mean I cannot explain. I realize I have an addictive personality but not matter how relaxed I am/try- I smoke 'em as they come. Please educate me. Also- I don't mind relighting but I seem to want to keep the bowl going. Could also be why I smoke till 3am. It's not a half dozen bowls and such. More like 3

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
BTW- any ideas how to slow my cadence? I honestly cannot seem to. I enjoy the tastes and only regret it in the earliest of hours (palate says "WTF" lol)
I mean I cannot explain. I realize I have an addictive personality but not matter how relaxed I am/try- I smoke 'em as they come. Please educate me. Also- I don't mind relighting but I seem to want to keep the bowl going.
Watch how much smoke you are producing. If clouds take it back a notch. Slowly fill your mouth with smoke and take your time. Don't draw so much as gently coaxing the smoke out of the stem. Take your time, maybe 5-10 seconds to fill your mouth. Ever heard of a technique called breath smoking?

Reactions: cosgringo

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
Watch how much smoke you are producing. If clouds take it back a notch. Slowly fill your mouth with smoke and take your time. Don't draw so much as gently coaxing the smoke out of the stem. Take your time, maybe 5-10 seconds to fill your mouth. Ever heard of a technique called breath smoking?
ABSOLUTELY- breathing technique. I even youtubed it. Perhaps I am a nic addict. Dunno. Never was b4. I start at 10 ish pm and end at 2 -3 am. About 4 bowls.
Guessing I will be a soon 2 be hated short term member but it just seemed odd with all the pics and such. Guess I don't get it yet. I am working on my collection but I just love to learn and talk about it. I am shallow perhaps but just grasping it.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Guessing I will be a soon 2 be hated short term member but it just seemed odd with all the pics and such. Guess I don't get it yet. I am working on my collection but I just love to learn and talk about it. I am shallow perhaps but just grasping it.
Each of us go about it differently. Some collectors, some restoration fans, some who only chase the rarest of the rare. Sit back, smoke with us, laugh with us, and argue with us. At the end of the day it's all just about burning tobacco in a pipe.

Reactions: cosgringo

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
Oh ok. Well I guess perhaps I am having a high maintenance eve.
Forgive- I am also an Eagles fan. I bleed green so I don't hold back but hold my friends close. Well at least the ones that aren't from out there- they're a bigger mess than I if believable.
I shall slow my toke down but I just love the last eve/am time to myself and the smoke.
Perhaps and excuse.
I have a lot of mess 2 deal with that I can assure is a true early onset disaster.
Happy holidays and thank you for your honest intervention.

Reactions: mikey517

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
Each of us go about it differently. Some collectors, some restoration fans, some who only chase the rarest of the rare. Sit back, smoke with us, laugh with us, and argue with us. At the end of the day it's all just about burning tobacco in a pipe.
You have 180'd me and I am apologize to the forum complete and hope that I am accepted.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
I may have pissed off a member or more on the other forum/post which was about the pics, etc.
Such is life. Appreciate you reaching out and u seem like great people.

Status
Not open for further replies.