PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
When winter roles around like many others my smoking habits change. Last winter I dabbled in layering tobaccos, and this year I have revisited that joy.
Tonight I am having 1928 layered on top of FVF. I decided to smoke this out of a pipe dedicated to english blends for a little twist. I'm not picking up the ghost, but what I find is that the aromatic characteristics of the 1928 persist throughout the bowl while the FVF picks up the strength. Very nice combo!
Another great top layer for a solid Virginia is Peterson's Sunset Breeze.
Do you any of you layer tobaccos or succumb to strange smoking habits in the winter? If so please indulge us all with your concoctions in pursuit of flavor.
Also chasing the puffs with a home made honey-maple syrup blackberry lemon meade. God loves me!

Aug 14, 2012
I don't consider layering a strange habit. It is a way of making the smoke more interesting and also a way to make the top milder, the bottom stronger.There are many good combinations.

robusthermit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 9, 2012
I got into layering about year ago. I think of it as a way to get more variety without having a large amount of open tins on hand. I picked up a few tins of blending tabac for further experimentation.

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
I do it all the time, I usually put a vanilla aro at the bottom topped off with Half n Half. My all day smoke.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
I've tried layering tobacco and it is analogous to a double dip ice cream cone in that once combined you can't taste either flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.