PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
Anyone ever try layering different tobacco in a large bowl? If so did you enjoy it?
I have a couple of very large pipes and I have found this technique to be rather enjoyable. I particularly like stuffing the bottom half of the bowl with Dunbar and topping it off with 1Q.
I find myself doing this more and more often. I saw a video on youtube of a guy doing this in a tall corncob and thought I would give it a shot. I initially expected bad results, but found it to be pretty satisfying. Give it a shot!

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Yep, I do it all the time with diff. blends, never had a bad one yet. :puffy:

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Yep, I do it all the time with diff. blends, never had a bad one yet. :puffy:
Oops I hit this two times. Help Mods. Thanks

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Sounds like a good idea..i'll have to give that a try. :puffy:

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I've gotten in the habit of layering aromatics and VaPers with alarming regularity--generally in an Oreo cookie fashion; i.e., the aromatic layered between a sandwich of VaPers. The best so far? Anniversary Kake and Cherry Bomb, or perhaps Escudo and Peterson Xmas '10. Try it, you'll like it! :mrgreen:

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
I've done it once or twice when I' was at the end of a batch of tobacco and what's left didn't quite fill the bowl. I never thought much about doing it otherwise, but your idea makes me think I should try it more often while paying attention to the types of tobaccos I layer and how they react with one another. Thanx for the idea to try something new.

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
Try this one - buy 4 ounces of BCA and 4 ounces of Wilke's Best - blend the two to make an 8 ounce bag.

Buy some Penzance.
Fill your bowl with 1/3rd Mixture and 1/3rd Penzance - fill the remaining 1/3rd with the Mixture.
You will have a superb English that absolutely delicious.
Special thanks to mjtannen for this recipe. :puffy:

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
I've never thought of it, but may give it a try now that you've planted the idea. Thanks.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I layered Lane 1-Q then CAO Cherry Bomb then 1-Q then Cherry bomb in a 4-step method (bowl too big for just 3 steps) in my Meer yesterday. It had a taste like chocolate cake with cherries! Very tasty. I then tried some 7-Seas Royal with it and it was even better! I did a special mix of Cherry Bomb, 1-Q and 7 Seas Royal in my pouch for work, so if you see "Baron's Chocolate Cake" on the What Are You Smoking? thread, that's it. It' is awesome!

Oct 22, 2011
Timely post. I was just thinking about starting a thread on this yesterday. I have a favorite which I much enjoy: Royal Yacht on the bottom and OJK on the top. I call it "Codger Cruise". Nice and tasty with plenty of N.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Does sound like an interesting idea like when I can't make up my mind what I want to smoke. I think some VA sandwiched between my favorite aromatics might be fun to try. Or something like Baron's chocolate cake wow!

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Layering is great...I have 2 local b&m blends that I favor..a light VA. and a Black Cavendish with chocolate....They mix BEAUTIFULLY.I use about the same recipe as Clanobucklin [1/3 VA,1/3 other,1/3 VA]

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
hobie, you ought to put some Penzance at the bottom of the bowl and an aro at the top, that way, by the time the flavor of the aro runs out for you, the Penzance will kick in. I know you often complain that aros run out of gas halfway through and Penzance has no shortage of flavor complexity.

Status
Not open for further replies.