PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
A few years ago I commissioned my first pipe. Since I could have any pipe made I wanted, I set out to create my version of the perfect pipe. After much thought, I had Jesse Jones make me a 1/8 Bent Brandy, 5.5" long, 1.85"high, with an inner chamber diameter of .71" , with a Tan-blast finish and an Ebonite stem. This immediately became my favorite pipe, and has remained so ever since. I have purchased many pipes since that one, but none have topped that Brandy. So... about a month ago I contacted Jesse to make it's twin. Not identical, having a black sandblast finish and a black stem, but everything else is a match!

Here, for your perusal...
The original:

lWkLBDy.jpg

The twin:

owwqQHd.jpg

ZS9HwT3.jpg

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
At the recent NASPC Show in Columbus, Ohio, I showed Jesse a pipe I had purchased from him a couple of years ago. He said that he called that one his special pipe that he spoke of often. Why? Because it was the only pipe where the buyer just walked up to the table, quickly picked up the pipe and without asking the price, said I want to buy this one. The buyer was me and the pipe was a Danish style bent apple tan blast with thick bowl. I told Jesse that there are just some pipes that one sees that just flat look smokable. And it sure has been!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Well, dawg, stud, where's the picture? :)
I've only got I think, one apple. Nothing against them, just that they usually don't seem to work for me in the ones I see. Yours sounds just right!

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I'm too lazy to ever post pics, bnich. pm.com is sort of like getting a break from work... and since I'm taking literally hundreds of photos each week for my work, I just come over here to take breaks, relax, and hear what the good folks like you are jabbering about regarding this wonderful hobby. (-:
Pipestud

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
If I was ever thinking of a commission, Jesse would be my guy, and I know exactly the shape I would want him to make, Larsen 72. He's already made a very true version of shape 49, the Walrus.
joneswalrus2-600x399.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.