PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
Which Latakia blends have small or the least amount of it in the mixture?

I’ve veered away from Latakia blends for quite a while but I tried a bowl of EMP a few days ago. EMP had been a favorite of mine, but unfortunately I did not enjoy the experience. But maybe a blend with just a sprinkle of the black leaf will hit the spot. Any suggestions?

BTW, I do enjoy GH Bob’s Chocolate Flake, but this is more floral essence than Latakia to me.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Plumcake from Mac Baren has literally just a sprinkle. Kensington from GLP comes to mind but it's similar enough to EMP that maybe isn't what you are looking for, that big turkish/spicy hit. Obviously there's a million blends with NO latakia too, you can always add a pinch and see what happens.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Presbyterian and Davidoff Royalty fit this niche. But if you want to do some extra leg work, Bob Marshbanks of the Pipe Den in Vero Beach blends two very tasty English’s: English Black & Gold and Proper English. Both are blended in house and both are sweet and delicious. One other I’ve tried is Watch City’s Terrapin Station, it’s very tasty as well. Out of all of these Royalty and Proper English are my favorites.

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
Maybe my favorite style of blends. As mentioned, Edward G. Robinson Pipe Blend, also Kramer's Blend for Cary Grant. Murray's 1810 Belfast. Peretti's Blend 102 (which I believe was a favorite of Edward G. Robinson,) and my favorite: Peretti's Cambridge Flake.

Reactions: curl and JimInks
GLP's Laurel Heights and Fillmore just has a smidgen, so little, that I even argued with Greg himself that it wasn't in there, but it is. And, once you know, you can taste it better.

Savinelli's English has very little. I enjoy how it lets the Virginias come forward.

I know and love a few others, but they are defunct McClelland blends.

Reactions: curl
Reactions: curl

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
Thanks for the help, guys.
It’s hard to search tobaccoreviews for how much of a component is in the blend.

I have a few of the blends you all mentioned, so I can get started right away trying them out. I know, weird right that I have tobacco in my cellar that I haven’t tried?

Status
Not open for further replies.