Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
Well, As some of you might know My wife and I are expecting our first little one in the coming months. A Boy, Pretty stoaked. With that being said you know that getting ready for a new person is not cheap. So much new furniture, etc..etc. SO I made my last TAD for a bit from 4noggins. While I was going to get some Christmas Cheer, I had to opt for quantity over quality in this instance.
After perusing the lists on 4nogs, I settled on 16oz of Peter Stokkebye "Sweet Vanilla", and 24 oz of his Luxury Twist Flake. Pretty good reviews and super affordable.
Well it arrived yesterday, and while I wanted to open the flake I had nowhere to seal it again for now, however I did grab my trusted Cob and sparked up some "Sweet Vanilla", and GAWD DAMN! So good.
To me it was a perfect blend of tobacco and flavor. Cool yet warm, I even turned my Cob in to a forge, puffing constantly and heavily to see if this stuff would bite....Nope. Couldn't get it to. What a great smoke, and If I had the extra scratch I probably would order a couple more pounds.
I will touch back when I try the flake. and let you know. Peter Stokkebye, Super well prices for a super Tobacco Product. So I should have enough Tobacco to last about 3 years...well we will see as we all know there is no cure for TAD.
5dbc79360b5f11e39a9c22000a1fbe09_7.jpg

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Awesome man congrats on the upcoming little man that's great. Life is about sacrifices but the pay off of being a dad and raising a little man up to be a gentleman is worth it. Can't wait for my time to have these experiences enjoy them.
If you run low let me know ill send baccy your way.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
There is nothing better Chris, nor anything more frustrating at the same time! I would do anything for my kids, and at the same time the quiet moments when they are in bed sleeping are so precious. It's a blast and a bit of a wild ride........but no better experience exists.

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Thanks Brian! I know if he's anything like me, or his Mother, it will be INSANE ride for sure!!!
Ha!
Also Gents, check out the Awesomeness that will be in his Nursery! Being a big fan myself growing up, I sure hope he is as well.
9934e98202de11e3988322000a1ddbb4_7.jpg

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
That's freakin awesome!!!! My little guy loves Lego so I'm sure yours will too, I think its genetically programmed into little boys to like Lego.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Congrats on the upcoming joy! My daughter is 9 months now and it's simply amazing watching her grow up! Nothing in your life will be as important or precious to you. I wish your wife and child the best of health.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Congratulations!! Enjoy every minute with them. See my avatar. That is my oldest son. He was around 18 months when that was taken. He is now 15 and will soon be driving! It goes by so fast. Defiantly get him a bubble pipe when he is old enough!! Keep the legos going. They will occupy lots of time and they are usually quieter while playing with them. Have Fun!

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I have an almost 2yo nephew, and he is a blast! My lessons studio is still at my parents's house. Anytime he comes over (whether I'm there or not) he stands at the top of the steps and yells Bum! Bum! No, he's not making fun of my poverty, he just can't make the "dr" sound yet...and when I am there, he comes down, sits on my lap, and we play the drums for however long we have time for! It's awesome, he never tires of playing :)

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Congrats Yak!
My kids have taught me so many wonderful and horrible things about myself. No matter how bad my day went I've always got three people who are always happy to see me home.
(Least while their little.)

lovethebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2013
Omg, that flake looks absolutely scrumptious. Did it come in that nice package? Would you consider letting it age in that package as is.

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Well done on both accounts! Babies are strange little things, man. The best advice I got while my wife and I were expecting our first was to just trust our instincts.

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Thanks everyone.
@irwin...My wife and I feel that The pioneers did with a lot less and used instinct, and here we all are today!
I still have two big bins full of my Lego and my Playmobil. I know they hurt to step on!
As for aging the flake.....but it look so good and yes, it did come in that nice pack! the swirls are so beautiful.
Thanks again Gents, and @Dcrguns, I will have to get a bubble pipe!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Congrats on the upcoming baby, nothing like being a dad, and yes stepping on leggo's hurts like a bitch.
Nice choices on tobacco, hope you enjoy the flake as well.

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Congrats, Yak! We wish your son rosy health, a steady hand, a keen eye - and a good share of luck.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
The flake is devine! (Will write my review later) I haven't had his vanilla yet but I plan to in the next order. And thats a nice amout you got there! Figure one flake for every smoke. I got 2oz in my last order and I ended up with 24 flakes in total. I can only imagine how many there are in 24oz LOL! Congrats on the new addition as well! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.