PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
We had a good meeting again last night with 3 new members in attendance. We gave out 18 door prize tickets with the top prize, a leather tobacco pouch from Monjure International going to Lana Mosely.
We had a surprise guest at the meeting last night also. Michael Matherne, one of the St. James Perique growers brought some hand cut 100% Perique from a 2015 barrel. The perique still had a slight ammonia scent to it but it was interesting to smoke the real stuff and not the Green River burley

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Cosmic -

No mud slinging last night. Some people were surprised to taste the straight Perique though.
Steve joined the New Orleans Pipe Club in March. We are looking at doing another pipe night event in the fall when he comes back to New Orleans

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds like a going concern, door prizes and all. I guess I've heard rumblings of the Perique debate, but hadn't focused on it before. Great surprise guest! I'd save some of that Perique for mixing as a condiment when the mood hits you. A little home blending can be a beautiful thing.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Pappy from what I've read is doing an outstanding yoman job on this pipe club. If I wasn't dragging a leg due to a bulgeing disc I would have tried to attend. I worked with a Martin who's family grew perque, would have liked to talk to Mr Matherne about if he knew the Martins. If I get better I'm gonna push on to one of those affairs.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
As far as the blending periques online there are several. Any idea which available is the closest and not green river burley?

Status
Not open for further replies.