PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

greatdane

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2018
I have enjoyed Lane Vanilla Black Cavendish for a while, but when I recently looked to restock it appears to be discontinued.

Is there a good match for this tobacco? I tried the Lane BCA but found it to be not nearly as good as the old Lane Vanilla BC.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I have enjoyed Lane Vanilla Black Cavendish for a while, but when I recently looked to restock it appears to be discontinued.

Is there a good match for this tobacco? I tried the Lane BCA but found it to be not nearly as good as the old Lane Vanilla BC.
Isn’t RLP-6 a vanilla black cavendish?

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Sorry I can't help you but I agree it was one one of the best Vanilla blends out there.

greatdane

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2018
Thanks for all the tips. Have tried the Sutliff and Stokkebye versions and found them lacking. Will try C&D Green River and Newminster.

cutlets

Lurker
Apr 4, 2023
I agree.
I have smoked Lane black vanilla for 40 years.
I think it so stupid the reason for its end.
I have not found anything like it yet including BCA, HGL, anything "Capt. Black", Sutcliff and the vanilla creme by Macbarren.
I'm almost gonna quit pipe smoking if I cannot find something like it.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I agree.
I have not found anything like it yet including BCA, HGL, anything "Capt. Black", Sutcliff and the vanilla creme by Macbarren.
Sutliff has half a dozen vanilla black Cavendishes, and dozen or more vanilla aromatics. Have your tried all of them?

I am always interested in why people prefer one over the other. What do you prefer in in this Lane Vanilla?

I went through a phase where I was exploring vanilla aros. I found that most just overwhelmed the tobacco flavors. My favorite is Peter Stokkebye's Sweet Vanilla, because it is well balanced with the Virginias still shining through the flavors, and the vanilla is very subdued.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I agree.
Lane's Vanilla Black Cavendish was released in 2017 and discontinued in 2021.