PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I have a two egg model. It's a fantastic pipe. Beautiful and an excellent smoker. I think L'Anatra pipes are underappreciated. If the stems were vulcanite and you needed to periodically buff out oxidation, the duck would have been a problem, but they're acrylic.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Watch THIS until the urge to buy subsides...
jay-roger.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The little duck "hood ornament" annoys me for some unknown reason, visually. Then I'd get it snagged on my clothes and that would really irritate me. However, it's worth noting that they also make pipes with no duck head, so that is an option. Folks who smoke 'em seem to love 'em, so if you like the duck, go for them.

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
I have 2 and they are great. In the grading system you will find that the Fiamatta range does not have the raised duck but it is set flush into the stem. Mine are one egg Fiamatta pipes which is one grade above the 3 egg normal range.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I have one without the duck and it is a good pipe. I have not purchased a couple of L'Anatra pipes because of the duck. As several others have chimed in with similar sentiments, I'm not alone in disliking the duck. I am guessing there's a lot more people who have decided not to buy because of the duck versus those who bought because of the duck. Very questionable marketing decision there IMHO.

eaglewriter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2018
I have 3 Antra Pipes and they are nice smokers. Also their brushed black finish just looks awesome. And as I like Pipes that are a little off the norm, the Duck-Head is just a must have to me.^^

Reactions: Papamique
Status
Not open for further replies.