PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I just have a rule that the free gimmick cannot influence my purchase decision. I have received various little items like the Macbaren pin that I stuck on the side of my hat...to be honest though, none of the free gimmick accessories are as exciting to me as a 0.75oz sample of a blend I have never tried before. Its been a while since i saw free samples offered.

Boswell’s includes an ounce with every pipe.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
It's a typical marketing ploy. Nothing feeds the consumers hunger than offering something free. I am too guilty, however I don't particularly go for the ashtrays/jars/bobblehead type stuff. A while ago, P&C offered a free tin of an SPC blend as long as it was equal or lesser value with the purchase of two. I bought 2 8oz of Plum Pudding and got a tin of PP SR, so it was a good bargain to me, as I like Plum Pudding a ton. I'd rather get 1950's radioactive ashtrays from the thrift store anyways.

Morgan Pipes offers Mystery Pack Deals or Free pipes with a certain amount of dollars spent (I believe its $119). I got a Sasieni Family Era Sandblasted billiard for free in a mystery pack. Others have gotten much better. I can't recommend his pipes enough if you like watching your pipes color with unstained/waxed natural briar wood and some pretty unique shapes. I've got about 30+ of his pipes.

If it's free pipes or tobacco I'm on. The knick-knacks can stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.