PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
They used to give away pretty decent 'Spit Buckets' with chewing tobacco years ago when I first came to this blessed country. There was a brilliant thread a few years ago about our friends in Bethlehem, PA giving away a 'Goody Box' and some idiot complaining he didn't want one. The exchange of posts between this guy and 'Woods Road' is a true classic of forum humor!

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I received a free cigar-shaped tamper/key chain with one order. I don't even know what I purchased that triggered the tchotchke award. In any case these tacky things go straight into the garbage can.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
They used to give away pretty decent 'Spit Buckets' with chewing tobacco years ago when I first came to this blessed country. There was a brilliant thread a few years ago about our friends in Bethlehem, PA giving away a 'Goody Box' and some idiot complaining he didn't want one. The exchange of posts between this guy and 'Woods Road' is a true classic of forum humor!
Speaking of woodsroad- Dan- where the hell is he?

Jan 27, 2020
Each to their own. I do really care to have branded things around the her house to begin with, rather have a Murano glass ashtray if I were to smoke in the house. A nice leather pouch tho, that might be appealing.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Who orders xyz brand tobacco because xyz site is offering a free ashtray or windcap bobblehead of Jesse Helmes? Just offer a damn discount...
I’ve done it.
got a free pipe with a two pouches of amphora once, got a “matured Va” MacBaren tobacco jar for free when I ordered a lb. basically if it’s something I normally order or am going to order I’ll do it. Like if I was going to order any MacBaren soon I’d do it. Those ashtrays are pretty nice ?

Sometimes those things are very useful

1. I was using a ceramic fish ? for my tobacco tray. I got a free ashtray from Drew Estate with some cigar purchase. Now I have two tobacco trays - I use the large cigar ashtray for flakes and and the ceramic fish for ribbons

2. I got 9 free cigars and a torch lighter for some promotion. 7 out of 9 cigars went into trash, but I still use the torch lighter

3. I have a couple of different sets of crystals and glasses for my whisky but since they are gold plated so I had to wash them by hand after drinking. Now that I got a nice gifted machine washable glass tumbler from a whisky ? purchase, I use it almost exclusively

4. I got a tin of Savinelli Essenza Cipriota with a pipe purchase. still smoke the tobacco occasionally. Very good English Aromatic

Status
Not open for further replies.