PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

J.Henry845

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 22, 2019
Dutchess County, NY
Will a Scented Lakeland tobacco ghost a Falcon stem being it is aluminum?

I would like to dedicate a bowl to G&H Dark Flake Scented but I am not sure if getting another stem just for blends of this nature would be necessary. I know there are Falcon fans out there. Any insight to Falcons and the notorious Lakeland Ghost would be much appreciated.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Forgive my veering off track momentarily, but I wonder if the persistence of the rose geranium scent that gives Lakeland tobaccos their ghosting power has ever been explored for it practical value in some application, to mark certain objects, train tracking dogs, or in some other way, with its remarkable persistence and power. The easy answer to the question is to designate a cob.

J.Henry845

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 22, 2019
Dutchess County, NY
With enough dedicated use, anything even meers can ghost in my opinion
That's what I assumed. Stems are inexpensive and
Forgive my veering off track momentarily, but I wonder if the persistence of the rose geranium scent that gives Lakeland tobaccos their ghosting power has ever been explored for it practical value in some application, to mark certain objects, train tracking dogs, or in some other way, with its remarkable persistence and power. The easy answer to the question is to designate a cob.

I do have a few cobs and a couple of briars for Lakelands, but I have been highly enjoying my Falcons recently.

I may as well add to the TAD and get a devoted stem while I am at it, they are inexpensive and a huge bang for your buck in my opinion. Also does not hurt that TobaccoPipes is running a 10% sale for St. Patrick's Day. I think a Shillelagh stem will make a nice addition to my pipe cabinet.

Reactions: rushx9

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This may sound a little prankish, and I don't mean that, but if a pipe smoker really enjoyed the Lakelands rose geranium fragrance, how bad could a ghost be? You could designate a few pipes for non-Lakeland, and enjoy the rest in the Lakelands mode.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I enjoy the ghost unless I’m smoking VA or VaPers, or unless it overwhelms or clashes with the tobacco I’m trying to enjoy.

I’ve got a few pipes that are dedicated to Latakia and VA and a couple for Ennerdale / Grasmere or Kendal Flake. A couple more for Condor or Dark Rich Honeydew, and one for peach or orange flavors. Otherwise i smoke Lakelands in with the other blends and it doesn’t offend.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Yeah, it seems easy enough to alcohol soak the stem and be done with it.

I am finding that I m enjoying more and more Lakeland's, having several open tins at the moment but the crappy part is that I want to smoke different pipes that are not dedicated to them, not wanting to ghost other pipes has been my worry. But, maybe a few more may satisfy the urge or may force me to smoke other stuff!

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Yeah, it seems easy enough to alcohol soak the stem and be done with it.

I am finding that I m enjoying more and more Lakeland's, having several open tins at the moment but the crappy part is that I want to smoke different pipes that are not dedicated to them, not wanting to ghost other pipes has been my worry. But, maybe a few more may satisfy the urge or may force me to smoke other stuff!
Yes Sir, its a dilemma, can't have it both ways

Reactions: SpookedPiper

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I have a few estates that I got for under $10 each that I dedicate to specific Lakeland subgenres. 1 for 1792/Lakeland Dark, 1 for Grasmere/#7BF, 1 for Grousemoor, 1 for Ennerdale, 1 for flavored twists, 1 for Kendal Cream/Mayor's Chocolate/Stonehenge,1 for Condor. I also have a small clay Cutty for RB Plug or other intensely flavored blends. I mostly smoke St Bruno in my Falcon and occasionally HH Pure VA, but wouldn't worry about it ghosting in the least bit. I smoke unscented Lakelands like Golden Glow, Burley & Bright, Squadron Leader, #25, Balkan, Kendal Gold, Cabbie's, unflavored rope&twists, etc., in any Va or lat pipe with no worries of ghosting.

Reactions: hauntedmyst

alexander87

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2017
Honestly, I love condor so much I ghost pipes on purpose and then smoke bland tobaccos to get a poor man’s condor moment. I say ghost on if ya like it!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If I smoke a Lakeland aromatic in my car, will it ghost the fuel injection? Inquiring minds.

• Haha
Reactions: trubka2