PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

I have bought 10g samples of Ennerdale Flake, Broken Flake nos 7, and Grasmere Flake.
I have smoked three bowls of the Nos7 in a cob with a 6ml carbon filter.On lighting I got the full lakeland essence/perfume which soon passed then for the rest of the bowl I got an almond/ vanilla taste wafting through the quality virginia.On the relights I got the pleasant perfume taste for a few puffs.
I then tried the Ennerdale in a cheap Dr Plumb briar, all I got from that is a lot of heat and smoke and very little taste.
Looking for advice from Lakeland lovers on how to get the best out of these blends.

Last edited by a moderator:

marconi

May 17, 2019
England
The no7 tasted great had a slight smell in the bag.The Ennerdale had no smell and no taste.The Grasmere had a slight perfume but nothing to write home about.It might be that I got a bad batch if not it means I have no taste and smell and obviously I have a a dose of the Covid.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
The no7 tasted great had a slight smell in the bag.The Ennerdale had no smell and no taste.The Grasmere had a slight perfume but nothing to write home about.It might be that I got a bad batch if not it means I have no taste and smell and obviously I have a a dose of the Covid.
Did you really get COVID-19?

Also, if you bought in bulk, the bulk ones can be less tasty, because I think shops sometimes don't store them properly, and they lose their toppings.

Reactions: marconi

marconi

May 17, 2019
England
Did you really get COVID-19?

Also, if you bought in bulk, the bulk ones can be less tasty, because I think shops sometimes don't store them properly, and they lose their toppings.
No I was just joking, Iam covid symptom free yet to be tested my doctor though reckons I had it in December.
I think you are absolutely right about bulk lakeland/aromatics being less tasty when not stored properly. I should have been able to smell the topping.I really liked the Nos 7 broken flake and will buy more in a tin.No7 did not get a rating in the November 2019 lakeland discussion.Is it not regarded as a lakeland? on T/Reviews it got a lot of four stars

Reactions: mingc

marconi

May 17, 2019
England
May have even gotten the wrong tobacco. Even a weaker batch will be quite floral.
I bought it from GQ in England they have always served me well.I take your point i did pick up some slight floral notes but nothing outside of the bag.When I decide to buy some more I will take every ones advice and get me a sopping wet Gawith tin with extra sauce.

Reactions: timelord and mingc

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
No I was just joking, Iam covid symptom free yet to be tested my doctor though reckons I had it in December.
I think you are absolutely right about bulk lakeland/aromatics being less tasty when not stored properly. I should have been able to smell the topping.I really liked the Nos 7 broken flake and will buy more in a tin.No7 did not get a rating in the November 2019 lakeland discussion.Is it not regarded as a lakeland? on T/Reviews it got a lot of four stars
It's definitely a Lakeland, and one of my favorites. It's supposedly the same flavorings as on Conniston, with a reversed ratio of VA and Dark Fired tobacco. I really like it's floralness (violet, I think) as opposed to the Rose Geranium in many others. I'd give it a 6 on the 10 point scale of Lakeland essence. Not overwhelming, but definitely a hearty Lakeland.

marconi

May 17, 2019
England
It's definitely a Lakeland, and one of my favorites. It's supposedly the same flavorings as on Conniston, with a reversed ratio of VA and Dark Fired tobacco. I really like it's floralness (violet, I think) as opposed to the Rose Geranium in many others. I'd give it a 6 on the 10 point scale of Lakeland essence. Not overwhelming, but definitely a hearty Lakeland.
That's what I got a full on violet essence every time I fired it up.

Reactions: mingc and mikefu

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
If the Ennerdale had no tin note you got the wrong tobacco. Ennerdale’s tin note should be like getting drop kicked in the dong with a big steel toed boot made of lakeland essence.
This^^^. Ennerdale is unmistakable. You may have received the wrong tobacco by mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.