PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Well, on the advice of a number of you I visited Peretti's within three hours of landing in Boston. While the shop is a little lacking in space, every square inch is literally dripping in Tobacciana. From the open boxes of cigars, to the walls of tobacco and pipes, L.J. Peretti has everything you could possibly need to puff happily.
At the recommendation of Les and others, I brought a couple pipes along to try some of the house blends that Peretti is known for. Given that I'm travelling back to Toronto at the end of the week, I had to be judicious about my purchases, with no desire to have an unpleasant conversation with my local Customs Officer on my return home.
The gentleman working during my visit was a little stand-offish at first. I don't know whether I came across as a total newbie, or what, but after I asked a few pointed questions designed to engage him in helping me find what I wanted... and pulled out my pipes to try some tobacco... he got with the program and was then free with advice and friendly commentary.
Thanks to all the PM Forumites that suggested I visit this store. It was well worth the visit and I'm leaving Boston with some lovely tobacco to share with the Pipe Club and cellar.
-- Pat

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I just got back from Peretti's myself!!! I was in town for the Red Sox opening day and had to stop in. Grabbed 8 ozs each of Park Square, Tashkent and Somerset Slices....... Plus the Sox won!!!! What a day!

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
I just picked up a Peretti pipe on ebay and have been reading up on the store and their tobaccos. Next time I'm in Boston I intend to drop in for a visit and a few oz. of Royal Blend.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I'm thrilled to hear that Peretti's is still around and, hopefully, thriving. I can remember ordering pipes from them back in the mid-80s as gifts for some fellow pipesmokers. They were fine, utilitarian pipes back in the day.
Bob

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Glad to hear that your visit was a success. You were able to try samples in the store if you bring a pipe or two with you? WOW, what a concept!
I will be visiting Boston in about 2 months and plan to visit Peretti's while in the area. Looking at purchasing a pipe or two and getting some English blend tobacco.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
You were able to try samples in the store if you bring a pipe or two with you? WOW, what a concept!
I was blown away... and wouldn't have thought about it it Les hadn't mentioned it in another thread. Given our inability to smoke anywhere with a roof, awning, umbrella over our heads (in Ontario), this concept was lost on me.
When I arrived at Peretti's there was a customer in a leather smoking chair enjoying a large cigar, and he was joined by another half-way through my visit.
So bring your pipes, and try, try, try away.
Enjoy the visit slownumbers39; I sure did.
-- Pat

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Glad to hear of your positive experience. Sure, it may take some work to have the clerks warm up to you but in the end you will be pleased. They are experts in blending tobacco with hundreds of years experience between all of them combined. As rothnh stated, they are certainly one of the last bastions in tobacco land.

Status
Not open for further replies.