Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with our very own tobacco reviewer, Kyle Weiss. Kyle worked at Tinder Box for several years, which gave him the benefit of being able to try out tons of different tobaccos. He has an amazing palate and was also in the culinary industry as a sous chef. He has been writing tobacco reviews for PipesMagazine.com for over four years. His first review on the site was published in April 2016. Kyle has penned 52 reviews for us so far. He was originally recommended by tobacco blender, Greg Pease. At the top of the show, for our pipe parts segment, we have “Ask the Pipe Maker” with Jeff Gracik.

Kyle-Weiss.jpg

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Great show. It’s interesting that expecting a pipe to pass a cleaner is a relatively modern thing. A mid-smoke pipe cleaner is a habit with me and so being able to pass a cleaner is a requirement.

The interview with Kyle let me put a voice and face to the reviews. Somehow I expected him to look more curmudgeonly. An interesting guy.

Reactions: BROBS and hawky454

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
This was a great show.

Has Brian ever been asked the 5 famous questions? If not, I think it’s time he answers them. I for one really want to know what his favorite blend is and since we all know it’s a McClelland tobacco he doesn’t have to worry anymore about others hoarding his favorite blend.

My guess is Beacon or Beacon Extra but I have yet to hear him say anything regarding his go to smoke. Granted I haven’t listened to every single show but I’m close.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
This was a great show.

Has Brian ever been asked the 5 famous questions? If not, I think it’s time he answers them. I for one really want to know what his favorite blend is and since we all know it’s a McClelland tobacco he doesn’t have to worry anymore about others hoarding his favorite blend.

My guess is Beacon or Beacon Extra but I have yet to hear him say anything regarding his go to smoke. Granted I haven’t listened to every single show but I’m close.

I believe he said it before Hawky.....Acadian Ribbon

Reactions: hawky454 and BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.