PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just a shout out and thanks to Ben at TobaccoPipes.com . After years of not owning U.S. machine made pipes, I have

recently added a Dr. Grabow to my stable of pipes, and just ordered a Kaywoodie from tobaccopipes.com. The Kaywoodies

were going fast, and the site was down to three of nine Kaywoodies. After long deliberation -- and I can torture a pipe

purchase with the best of them -- I finally chose the Ruff Tone Straight, for it's unusual design. It was a billiard with deep

dark stained grooves in its bowl and stem. A day or two after I placed the order, Ben called me from the site and explained

that the version of this pipe they had was somewhat different in the shape of the bowl than what was pictured. I asked a few

questions -- he described this as more of an apple. Then he went the extra mile and offered to email me a photo of the pipe

they had. Meantime, rather than ask for a refund, I picked out two alternate pipes, a different Kaywoodie and a Yellow Bole,

that I might accept instead, if I didn't like the available version of the Ruf Tone. However, the one they had was fine, and will

be the only apple in my pipe racks. It seemed to balance the stained grooves nicely. So kudos and thanks to Ben for his help.
Edit: Inserted a link... Hope you don't mind. L.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Every time I've ordered from them I've received exceptional customer service. It's a small two man operation and yet they've gone above and beyond anything I've expected each time. They are the first place I look if I'm ordering online. Glad someone else has good experiences with them too!

Status
Not open for further replies.