PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
Has anybody here ever smoked?

I've always been curious about what sort of tobacco leaf it is.
For those who do not know, Kizami is finely cut Japanese tobacco they put in their pipes(Kiseru).

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
Kizami is a very, very finely sliced Virginia. I've smoked it--it is light and airy. You sort of mound it into a little ball and put it into the tiny bowl of a kiseru. It is gone in two or three puffs.

I have a few Kiserus, plus one that I made myself. I just smoke Drum tobacco in it, which is never. I really picked them up when I first started with the pipe, but quickly realized that if I smoked those things in public it is just begging to be harassed by a police officer.

But, for some reason there is a food called kizami that uses seaweeds and such. I could see someone making a horrible mistake ordering some online, ha ha.

kanse

Jul 9, 2016
hugodrax

That's what I wanted to know.
Thanks for chiming in, everyone.

theloniousmonkfish

Jan 1, 2017
"But, for some reason there is a food called kizami that uses seaweeds and such."
Kizami means shredded, doesn't have anything to do with the type of leaf. They like really bright Virginia's over there so that's likely what most are smoking.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
If I recall correctly, a long time ago a thread about Kiserus was deemed in violation of rule #7 and closed.

I don't know if that is still management's position, but it does seem to be the purview of a different kind of forum.

kanse

Jul 9, 2016
This is a thread for Kizami, which is just a kind of tobacco.

No excuse for closing this one.

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
I wouldn't say kizami tabako is particularly strong. It's possible, and usual, to have several bowls. Frankly, I think it just suits the Japanese nature to have an ethereal experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.