PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Keep It Simple Stupid
Just a stupid little simple thing I did that was pretty damn awesome.. by the bowl.. 3 pinch (75%) 2009 SPC Mississippi River, 1 pinch (25%) 2001 GLP Haddo's Delight, I don't even know how to begin to describe it... :puffy:

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Ya, me neither, and don't normally... ever in fact lol. Just happen to have the pinch of Haddo's on my paper left over when I put down the 3 pinches of MR. I was pleasantly quite astonished, and just wanted to share my silly bowl of exception.
I was half expecting to see a tin w/ Gene Simmons Photoshopped on it
:rofl:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I can't imagine any of us NOT keeping a collection or two of 'bits and pieces' of blends that are 'left over' and using them for a surprise smoke.

Using a more generic burley blend as a foundation, you can get some mileage out of your VAs and Lats and have some tasty smoking.

One of my most recent intentional mixes was with two Newminster blends. 403 and 400. 403 is mostly dark fired KY w/a VA wrap, and 400 is a very nice VA flake. Cubed and rubbed and mixed, these pair very nicely in the bowl.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I've never smoked an odds and ends home blends. I deposit what doesn't go in the bowl back into the jar/tin. I do have some blends I wasn't too fond of with similar properties and blended then together. I haven't smoked any of them, just letting them marinate together.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Sounds interesting!
BMRcSmfCAAAUxwS.jpg+large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.