PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zartoon

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2020
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

Greetings,

I have a few old first generation (no O-ring) kirstens that are fine but need a stem. The stems on these were broken and tossed a long time ago but the rest of them are just fine.

many ideas where I can get replacement stems with stingers and end caps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: peregrinus

Zartoon

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2020
i’ll Give them a call.
I know the current ones use an o-ring and that’s fine. The old ones didn’t. But will a stem and end cap with o-ring from a current size M fit an old size M body?

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
i’ll Give them a call.
I know the current ones use an o-ring and that’s fine. The old ones didn’t. But will a stem and end cap with o-ring from a current size M fit an old size M body?
I have several Kirsten pipes but haven’t smoked them for 15+ years. Mine do have the “O” rings.
In addition to their proprietary system pipes, Kirsten’s once had a really decent retail tobacco shop here in Seattle’s Ballard neighborhood down at Fishermen’s terminal. Quite picturesque setting near the docks where the fishing boats came and went to Alaska and the North Pacific. I lost track of them when they moved. I read they are going to, or have recently moved again so not sure what the store is doing now, however I believe they are still family owned and are still selling the system pipes bearing their name. They should understand your situation and they may have back stock or at least suggestions on getting parts.
Best of luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.