PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Just a quick shout out from the land of the long white cloud, home of the shire and many, many sheep...New Zealand.

I have been lurking (peeping? Not sure of the correct terminology sorry) around the forums for the last year and have really enjoyed reading some hilarious conversations and learning a lot along the way.

Glad to now officially be part of the whānau

Chur

David

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Welcome from Canada. I like your Hobbits. I got some Stokkebye Nougat just because it was smoked on the set of those movies.

I’m jealous of your summer currently. I could use some.

Pierre1965

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2020
Welcome from Missouri, USA. A friend of mine spent a few weeks in your country en route to and returning from a stint in Antarctica. He said that your country was absolutely beautiful and the people warn and friendly. He said that if he could pick one other place to live it would be New Zealand.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. Forums members hail from all over the world, a pretty cosmopolitan site. Thank you for joining our global membership. Worked for many years with a geneticist (he was, I'm not) who was an indigenous New Zealander. After his years in the lab, he edited the scientific journal, and when he retired from that, he went on to be President of the historically indigenous university in New Zealand, where he may still be.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I should mention that Dave, a.k.a Ahi Ka is a friend and neighbour of mine, we share many a bowl together and also have a crop of leaf that we are sharing responsibility for growing and curing.

Isaac.
Chur bro, and here I was thinking you were just gonna be a dick and troll all of my posts.
It’s a delight to share some land with a fellow pipe smoker...and here is some photographic evidence if any of the other forum members struggle to believe that Isaac has friends.
2726869A-B2FA-47A8-9FC1-38B0987E59E5.jpeg

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. Forums members hail from all over the world, a pretty cosmopolitan site. Thank you for joining our global membership. Worked for many years with a geneticist (he was, I'm not) who was an indigenous New Zealander. After his years in the lab, he edited the scientific journal, and when he retired from that, he went on to be President of the historically indigenous university in New Zealand, where he may still be.
Hi Tom,

Who was your former colleague? I have studied through the main indigenous tertiary institute in NZ and am currently studying through an indigenous school at another. Could be a small world.

Status
Not open for further replies.