PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Being new to this what are some of the touchstone brands that have great classic representatives of the various tobaccos types? Those ones that everyone should try at least once. If you can please share your experience with it and what I should look for and expect when smoking it.
Thanks

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
What is Five Brothers a good representative of? From what I've seen of its description it doesn't sound like anything special.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
It is a VA, but is ungodly strong, personally it makes my stomach turn. It is however a good representative of the high nicotine tobaccos, things like 1792 flake and certain ropes and plugs

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
I'm not looking for a nicotine delivery device if I wanted that I'd smoke cigarettes. I suspect he was trying to be funny, seeing as the little ROFL guy is there.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Well there is Prince Albert. Classic as classic gets in my book and I like it a good deal.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
This could be a long list but I will try and keep it simple. First Lanes 1Q, its a areo and has a million diffrent names but a good smoke. Next would be Dunhills Early Morning Pipe and/or Nightcap both an english blend but very diffrent in the amount of Latakia if you like these then there all kinds of diffrent blends to explore. Someone has already mentioned Prince Albert it would be the classic OTC burley I perfer Carter Hall but that is my tastebuds.It has been said Escudo is the VAPer must try and the coin looks so cool.Many say McC's 5100 VA is the top of its class. Some honerable mention would be Erinmore Flake, Mac B Navy Flake, Petersons Irish Flake and I could go on but I am sure if you tried these blends you would figger out what you prefer.

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Thanks pawpaw, that's what I was looking for, good representatives of the various tastes so that one could use them as a reference point from which to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.