python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Hey Kevin!

Love the look of the new site!

Are all of my old articles and reviews now lost or is there a way to incorporate them into the new site?

Not a big deal, but was just wondering because there was a lot of good info in them.

Keep up the good work!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I think I recognize that face, but seem to think a different user name was attached.

All of the text should be there. The images, depends on how you posted them.

I uploaded all of my images I used in posts to the site album, thinking that would be the safest place for them. It was, until the forum change. Those albums are gone.

If you posted images with links to external sites, as long as those sites still comply, the images will be there.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I actually used to write articles for the site back in the first few years that it was launched. They were on a separate part of the old site, so they may be lost from the crossover.

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
Doing ok, the only one I stay in contact with is Cycleman.
I'm still hooked on your recommend of Dan, SVH, thank you for that.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Crap.

Somehow that got missed.

We have a back-up copy of the old site.

I'm going to see if we can import that content from the old database, and assign it to my account.

The WordPress Multi User platform is long gone, even though we were still using it until the changeover, so I have to assign it to admin, if and when we can import it. I'm pretty sure we can.

I never thought this site would go for 10-years, but a big part of the reason for the changeover / upgrade is to make sure it goes for another 10, at least.

Welcome back Bob!

Cigar Review. Holy shit, that's a long time ago. Sold and driven into the ground... but this site wouldn't exist if that didn't happen.

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
I just reset my password and avatar but can't find all the photos that I had uploaded to my account. Are they still on the new site and I just can't find them or are they gone. Thanks, Hoppes

Status
Not open for further replies.