Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It's not widely available yet, but Matt Guss, President of The Seattle Pipe Club, was kind enough to send me a tin to help get the word out. I haven't written a tobacco review since 2016, so I thought it would be fun. Plus, I love bourbon barrel aged stuff, and I love the original Plum Pudding.

Next week, we'll have our regular tobacco reviewer, Kyle Weiss, who has a much more refined palate than mine, give his take on it.

For now, here's my review:
Plum Pudding Bourbon Barrel Aged by Seattle Pipe Club Review - https://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/plum-pudding-bourbon-barrel-aged-by-seattle-pipe-club-review/

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just popped a tin of Potlatch which I've enjoyed a lot, and have Plum Pudding aging. This sounds excellent, so I'll keep it on my radar.

Reactions: admin and danimalia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Yes! Great review. I have just been smoking my last few bowls of Frog's Cellar (one of the first tins of tobacco I ever bought back in 2015), thoroghly enjoying them, and feeling a bit blue knowing they're truly the last... But frankly, this sounds better, and unlike FMC, it has oriental leaf which I greatly prefer to be included with my Latakia blends.

Hopefully it comes out soon!

Enemygod

Lurker
Sep 6, 2019
Yes! Great review. I have just been smoking my last few bowls of Frog's Cellar (one of the first tins of tobacco I ever bought back in 2015), thoroghly enjoying them, and feeling a bit blue knowing they're truly the last... But frankly, this sounds better, and unlike FMC, it has oriental leaf which I greatly prefer to be included with my Latakia blends.

Hopefully it comes out soon!

This one is already available on P&C. They are doing a Mississippi River rum barrel aged version as well. I have no seen that one on P&C yet.

Reactions: danimalia

grumpyoltroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
I will be interested to hear opinions on how much the time in the barrel affects the taste of the tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.