PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you are going to smoke skulls, that's a good one. The chamber looks small, but with flake/coin/plug/rope cuts, it doesn't matter, you'll get a full -length smoke. I don't have Gray's Anatomy handy, but that looks pretty accurate.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
If you are going to smoke skulls, that's a good one. The chamber looks small, but with flake/coin/plug/rope cuts, it doesn't matter, you'll get a full -length smoke. I don't have Gray's Anatomy handy, but that looks pretty accurate.

The photos make it seem a bit small. The pipe itself is 10 inches long and the chamber is .86 inches wide and 2 inches deep much like many of my collection, but this fellow's going to be a display piece only.?

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
That skull is one of the best executed I’ve seen. I avoid skull pipes generally since they tend to be either crude or cartoonish but that one is aces.
That was my reason for not getting one. I had seen photos of anatomically correct meerschaum skulls from the 1800s and always wanted one but the opportunity to acquire one never arose. Kenan's work fell onto my radar about a month ago and I knew I found my skull.

Reactions: Guppy

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I'm eyeballing more of his work. I may end up getting a lighted curio cabinet to display meers.

Status
Not open for further replies.