Ken Johnson from England - Old-School Tobacco Rep on Radio Show of July 14, 2020

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Ken Johnson. Ken worked in the tobacco industry in the late 70s in England at Rothmans’s Carreras, and knows tons of history on the British tobacco industry. At the top of the show, for our pipe parts segment, Brian will refer back to the Seven Questions for Seven Experts, and give you what his answers are to one question a week. Week 2: “What makes a pipe more of a flake tobacco pipe?”

Ken-Johnson.png

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Another thoroughly enjoyable show. Ken was an excellent guest and his discussion of the British tobacco business was fascinating. It’s sad to consider the demise and decline of so many once great brands. Food for thought.

Brian, congratulations to you and your wife on 30 years together!

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Great episode, I really enjoyed listening to Mr Johnson speak about what must have been a fascinating time in pipe tobacco. I look forward to hearing from him again on the show.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
What a fantastic show! I enjoyed hearing his stories from days past where/when some of the best pipe tobacco was ever produced. Aaaaand you all topped it off with a song from Tom Waits (aka Tommy the Cat) singing the seven dwarves song! Brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.