PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mis Pipas

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Holy Land
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

I am convinced that cleaning the pipes with hot water and/or alcohol are excellent methods to clean and flush. My question is: how to keep the Smooth, light finishing the bowl, outside the pipe ?. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
Unless a pipe is finished with some shellac or lacquer, it will require an occasional re-waxing in order to keep a shiny look. There are several methods and products that do this, some more effective than others. I personally apply carnauba with a buffing wheel mounted on a drill.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've avoided waxing my pipes, mostly, though I have wax. Since having scores of pipes keeps them from getting smoked a lot, I tend to settle for a good rub down (for the pipes) after every bowl. Mostly this keeps them looking good, if not new. They are racked in the shade but not in the dark. The unfinished ones develop a glowing walnut stain look. Waxes and other polishes seem like they'd leave residue, though I'm sure if you apply them sparingly and buff them rigorously, they do fine. I just try to keep it simple as I can, without letting the pipes look frowzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.