PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
sommer-537x600.jpg

I had this 1910-1915 up for sale, but have decided to keep it. This is the only meer I own but I wasn't smoking it that often - mainly due to its small bowl and the fact that I prefer briars. However, more and more I find that I only have time for a short smoke so this negative has turned into a positive.
Also, I was able to fix the delrin tenon and am quite happy about that. Turned out it was in backwards! :oops:
It originally came to me unsmoked, so I assumed it was in correctly. Silly me never tried turning it. Very glad no one decided to buy it.
Live and learn!

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
My smallest pipes are meers as well. OTOH so are my largest... Don't smoke them too often but sometimes they are exactly the right tool for the job. Short on time, high on Vit-N or testing a tobacco that might otherwise ghost a briar are a few of those time.

K

klause

Good for you, Six.
That is a beautiful pipe. Definitely a keeper.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Don't smoke them too often but sometimes they are exactly the right tool for the job. Short on time, high on Vit-N or testing a tobacco that might otherwise ghost a briar are a few of those time.
Well said.
That is a beautiful pipe. Definitely a keeper.
Thanks Klause. I feel like i have a new pipe now that I am committed to keeping it.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
Had I seen that pipe for sale, I might have taken it off your hands. :wink:

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
Had I seen that pipe for sale, I might have taken it off your hands. :wink:

Really like the elegance of that time.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Nice lookin’ meer Six...glad you rediscovered it. But be careful...the White Goddess is seductive. You may find yourself with a whole new PAD affliction.

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
I think it would be really nice to have a small Meer like that, if nothing more than trying new blends of tobacco in. Sounds like you made a wise decision in keeping it.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks guys for the nice comments. I really appreciate it. This pipe is now getting more use and I find am a happy Meer smoker.
You may find yourself with a whole new PAD affliction.
Don't say it! I can't afford another PAD affliction. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.