PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Grumpy11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2022
Vero Beach Florida, Secretary, MD
First of all, let me say I’m still trying to figure out how to post pictures on here. I’m using an iPad right now. I just purchased two Kaywoodies at the local B and M. One is an estate billiard with carburetor.The other is an unsmoked skater with metal insert in stem. Experts may give more detailed nomenclature. Both are beautiful sandblasted pipes. Starting out as good smokers. I have thirty high dollar pipes in my collection including five Dunhills. But I have to admit I’m buying Kaywoodies for a while. I’d love to post a picture of the skater. It’s a big sitter, unsmoked.

• Love
Reactions: Latakia Dave

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the current crop of Kaywoodie Saxons and Redroots with push bits and no stingers or carburetors, from WV smoke shop, among other places. They are surprisingly fine smokers at a low price, very thin walled but they do not heat up.

Grumpy11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2022
Vero Beach Florida, Secretary, MD
I like the current crop of Kaywoodie Saxons and Redroots with push bits and no stingers or carburetors, from WV smoke shop, among other places. They are surprisingly fine smokers at a low price, very thin walled but they do not heat up.
The two I have smoke cool, which I like, which is why I smoke a few Dunhill shell billiards. I agree the Kaywoodies are a fine American made bargain. The Pipe Den in Vero Beach has a good selection of new and estate pipes. I’m buying one a week. Starting at thirty dollars.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Yup, got this new Kaywoodie Saxon Prince in Oct 2020:
20201002_205252.jpg