PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaukatt

Can't Leave
Hi Brian,
I'm not sure if you ever saw my message to you on FB back in Dec.2017 about this but trust me when I tell you that you really need to consider this opportunity. I wanted to tip you off to, in my opinion, a great candidate for a podcast.
Back in December I attended the annual Kaywoodie show hosted by Bill Feurbach each year and I had the great pleasure of meeting a gentleman by the name of Joe Tomar from NJ who has a once in a lifetime, one of a kind and probably the only one on the planet, collection of unsmoked Kaywoodie pipes and ephemera. This collection of unsmoked Kaywoodies were displayed at the Kaywoodie Event by Joe. Joe's father worked for the original Kaywoodie factory in NJ for 55 years back in the 50's and 60's. All of these pipes come from that period of his employment and prior. Most all of these are one of a kind pipes and prototypes that were never made available to the public. As you know, Bill makes the Kaywoodie pipe and has an historic collection of odd Kaywoodies from his family's factory days but when he saw Joe's unique pieces he was speechless, as were we all! His story should be told, no, needs to be told and added to the history of the hobby. I hope you can see this link :https://m.facebook.com/groups/198920843620990?view=permalink&id=820265494819852
https://m.facebook.com/groups/198920843620990?view=permalink&id=820265494819852
Indeed it is just an incredible and unique collection of Kaywoodie pipes and ephemera that needs to be shown to all in our hobby. I am hoping to put Joe in touch with Craig Cobine of the The Chicago Show since those showcases that you see upon entering the show hall would be a great place for all to see.
I would even suggest that Joe's story and collection would make a great article for P&T Magazine. You will not believe the pipes and ephemera in his collection!
Just thought I'd pass it on to you for consideration for a podcast since Joe's story about his father, the pipes and collection and those days at the Kaywoodie factory's original location in NJ was amazing to hear and would be a real treat for your listeners, especially the Kaywoodie fanatics. If you have any interest contact me and I'll put you in touch with Joe, he's from NJ.
Thanks,
Lou

barepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2017
You should fire this over to Beau at the Country Squire Radio Show. They may be interested

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Lou-
It may be that one has to join that group before one can access via a link.
To add photos here from that site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window.

Status
Not open for further replies.