PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
So, found this pile at the local antique shop. Got the whole pile for $12. All need to be restored, but the stingers are all intact. How'd I do?
Supergrain 18 (4 hole)

Supergrain 17 (3 hole)

Connoisseur 12B (3 hole, burn)

Supergrain 06C (3 hole)

Supergrain 45C (4 hole)

Prime Grain 07C (3 hole)

Prime Grain (3 hole)

Super Grain 06 (3 hole, H11 on the stem)

Standard (3 hole)

Carburetor 45C (4 hole)

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
Excited about the carburetor. Nice and unusual. Almost all the lips are destroyed, and don't know how to go about rebuilding or repairing them, or someone who can.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
That is an amazing find!

I've been trying to find pipes the same way with no success,lol.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Hot dang! I'd LOVE to stumble into a wee antiquery and find such treasures... and for $12!!! Hallelujah Brother!!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Stems look pretty clean, and no visible burn-out on the rims, and the briar looks extremely good. Ten pipes for twelve bucks. And you're asking how you did? You rascal. Well, like a bandit, I'd say. You just have a better class of antique stores in your neck of the woods. As I've mentioned, when I ask for tobacco pipes around here, they look at me like I've asked for a sawed off shotgun, and this is an old tobacco state. Go figure.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
Lol. I know I did well...
I dig around the shops around here, usually it's just chunk or overpriced. But most of the shops have my number now so if pipes come in, they call me.
Stems are all chewed off at the lip, but otherwise are tight and clean. No burnout on the rims, one has a burn in the bottom of the bowl though. All the briar is solid and well cared for, other than they were HEAVILY caked. I've soaked and reamed in ac couple cycles to try and clean them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.