PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Hey guys, sorry about being so absent lately. I have been through a few things. I lost my job due to the loss of a major client at the firm and took some time to reflect on life. Rather than going back to the grind I am starting a company that I have thought about for years. In the meantime, a local B&M had a Kaywoodie night before a big trunk show so I finally separated my Kaywoodie pipes from the stable to see what I had. 100 years of the Kaywoodie name just passed in February, and I have pipes of nearly every era so I brought them to display. 1919 was the first Kaywoodie and my earliest is a 1927 with very large stinger and the push tenon. These are from 1927, the first 8 years, right up to the Anniversary pipes made weeks ago. My daughter is modeling them because she loves looking through the collection. I hope you all have been doing alright.
20190328_160815-600x291.jpg

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
Sorry to hear. Thanks for posting your great collection. Is this a famed 59 or the somewhat easier to find 85? Too small to tell. Love both shapes.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Here’s hoping out of all those ideas get attention & take you in a direction that blesses you & your family for a lifetime. Re the old Kaywoodies, the small Dublin’s are superb VA smokers. I have a few pre 1927 pipes I bought at a pipe show in Columbus Ohio. Was shocked how they performed.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Thank you, bent1. I loved Kaywoodie pipes and bought some great estates. But when I got a few from before the two world wars, I really got hooked. They smoke so incredibly well. Then I got hooked on the modern ones, too, as I got to know Bill. Now the rest is history. Lol.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Was Bill F at the show? He usually has a nice selection of Handmade’s at the shows. Bought a rusticated 99b handmade outfitted with an acrylic saddle bit, solid smoker & good engineering. Bill is a hell of a nice guy, so humble.
Glad to meet another KY collector btw. I kind of went nuts collecting on 4-holers & pushstemed KW’s.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
This forum will not upload a vertical picture so my apologies in advance. Here is a set of the five Anniversary pipes. 20 of each shape were made and stamped Kaywoodie 100 1919 - 2019, and numbered out of 20. Most were dark with a few Natural finish made when the block allowed, and came with a card showing the shape and number. The shapes were apple, billiard, bent billiard, Dublin, and square shanked panel.
20190311_143654-600x291.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Great collection Crash! I always love seeing you smoke them in person via your IG posts. Good luck on the business venture brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.