PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rh66

Lurker
Jul 8, 2015
Was curious if anyone could give me some information on one of the Kaywoodie pipes I have? If my memory serves me right, I have owned this pipe for at least 15 years and have never smoked it myself. I believe I bought it from a guy living in Jacksonville Florida but it is possible I have this one confused with one of the other Kaywoodie I own.

The pipe has the KBB clover and is stamped Drinkless Kaywoodie on that side. The other side has Aged Bruyere 8755. Thanks for any help you can provide.

KW Pipe.jpgKW 2.jpgKW 3.jpg

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Was curious if anyone could give me some information on one of the Kaywoodie pipes I have? If my memory serves me right, I have owned this pipe for at least 15 years and have never smoked it myself. I believe I bought it from a guy living in Jacksonville Florida but it is possible I have this one confused with one of the other Kaywoodie I own.

The pipe has the KBB clover and is stamped Drinkless Kaywoodie on that side. The other side has Aged Bruyere 8755. Thanks for any help you can provide.

View attachment 199129View attachment 199130View attachment 199131
Your pipe has:

A four digit number

4 hole stinger

Aged Bruyere instead of Imported Briar

Cloverleaf on stem, not shank

That is as middle 1930s as a Kaywoodie gets.:)

That pipe cost $3.50 smack in the middle of the Great Depression. It was an expensive luxury item.

Reactions: MattRVA